Waiting for EAD/AP more than 10 months @CSC

oriental

Registered Users (C)
I would like to have a suggestion for my friend case.

His EAD & AP were filed April 11, 2003 to CSC by his immigration attorney.
He got I-EAD at district office in San Jose on July 14, 2003.
The I-EAD is valid for only 8 months and expires March 9, 2004.
No RFE so far for both EAD & AP.

His immigration attorney does not seem know what to do and my freind told his attorney sending inquiry fax or letter to USCIS.
But his immigration attorney seems useless. His attorney just keeps saying no response from USCIS and that USCIS is very complicated organization or whatsoever.

Does my friend just need to get another I-EAD or there is a better way to resolve this problem?

Is there any specific fax # or address to send this kind of inquiry to USCIS?

Please help,

Thank you.

Oriental
485 wac03-035:confused:

You can call the national number and request a case referral to csc. You can cite that you are without advance parole and your employment prospective is bleak, need some action now- make it a polite request.
If you can juice this up with emergency travel-- more the better.

Thank you very much for the advice, jaxen.

Going to call national number and tell the problem to them politely.

oriental:rolleyes:

Plz post details..

Was it part of concurrent filing?
Was there any RFE for I140?
Was there a change of address? Not receiving it and the website not being updated doesn't always mean that it wasn't processed.

Originally 140, 485, 765, and 131 were filed to NSC in summer 2002 by the company immigration attorney, because the compny HQ is lacated in Michigan. The employee had been working with L1 visa in CA. He is still living in CA.
When 140 was filed, there was no concurrent filing yet.

140 was approved by NSC in January 2003.
That time (maybe even now) NSC had been showing much more backlog of 765, 131, and 485 than CSC had, and his 765 and 131 were still pending evn for a while after his 140 was approved.

Afterwards the employee thought CSC had faster process of his 765, 131, and 485, then his immigration attorney transfered his 3 of files to CSC. Obviously CSC did not give him original filing date from NSC, even the attorney asked CSC do so, and he received his receipt of 765, 131, and 485. Their ND was April 11-2003.

So far, no RFE for anything, no Finger from CSC.

What is wrong with 765 and 131?:(