Waiting for Card / Biometrics

paguy

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My wife's I-485 was approved in Jan 2007. Its been around 3 months, we still have not recieved an appointment for Biometrics. The approval letter states not to take any action. We called up customer service few times, no response yet. What are my options,

1. Can I go to local USCIS office and get passport stamping?
2. If they stamp the passport, will they collect photo to process the physical card also?

Please advise
Paguy.

Hi,
My I 485 got approved in july 2006. And the approval said to wait for biometrics.
I took an infopass and got my pp stamped. Till date I havent recd the card though.

We also stamped 551 for her. Did you call customer service? We called up many times, still waiting for biometrics letter. I have a question regarding biometrics, please let me know if you have seen / heard details about biometrics.

Hello all,

My wife is planning to be outside USA for cpuple of months. The question I have is if we recieve Biometrics while she is outside USA, will the Biometrics appointment provides multiple date and time to appear for biometrics or will that contain only one specific date / time to appear? We just don't want to miss out the appointment. She is planning to be outside USA for at least 2 months.

I know that normal fingerprint notice contains a date and time to appear. If we miss that schedule we could go any wendesday as long as it done before X month.

Thank you,
paguy

I got biometrics letter when I was in India. My spouse sent letter to reschedule appointment.
I have called several times for the physical card, but havent recd it yet.
So guess have to wait and watch.

Thanks for the update. How long it took to get biometrics? We called up customer service about 2 months ago, still no letter. Could you please update?

Thanks
Paguy

I got biometrics letter after a month.But the card hasnt come till date. We call the 1800 no they say it can tkae upto a year. Took infopass also .Same reply.
So i guess if u have the stamp its ok.