Waiting for Asylum interview at NY Office since 2017

gkhadour

Hey guys,
I applied for Asylum in April 2017 and have been waiting since. I understand that waiting times are crazy, but I was wondering if anyone here has the same timeline and if they got interviewed yet? Also, is it easy to get it expedited if you have a medical emergency?

Thank you!

I have the same situation. Applied on 2017 december and still waiting for an interview. and two times went to assylum office gave them my mothers medical documents which show she is cancer and having really health problems and she is in my coountry. But they sent me two times the same paper that many cases and backlog and you have to wait.. and still waiting for usually...

Well, I've applied for asylum back in February 2015. Been waiting for interview since then - 1598 days as of today, or 4 years and more than 3 months :rolleyes:
After my attorney had filed in May request to expedite my hearings based on 2 factors: my own aggravated medical condition, and my parents numerous diseases, the request was granted literally the same day. So I think your relatives' situation is not enough to expedite the hearings, you should also have your own personal circumstances to be granted this decision. Just my guess.
However, four days prior the interview, USCIS arbitrarily cancelled and "rescheduled" interview (in fact there's no any date of the rescheduled interview on USCIS site - "we are rescheduling" is the answer), and how long it will take I really don't know :(

Well, I've applied for asylum back in February 2015. Been waiting for interview since then - 1598 days as of today, or 4 years and more than 3 months :rolleyes:
After my attorney had filed in May request to expedite my hearings based on 2 factors: my own aggravated medical condition, and my parents numerous diseases, the request was granted literally the same day. So I think your relatives' situation is not enough to expedite the hearings, you should also have your own personal circumstances to be granted this decision. Just my guess.
However, four days prior the interview, USCIS arbitrarily cancelled and "rescheduled" interview (in fact there's no any date of the rescheduled interview on USCIS site - "we are rescheduling" is the answer), and how long it will take I really don't know :(
NY office is not a good approval rate. So I recommend if you have chance move you house to Manhattan or The Bronx. You will be interviewed in NJ the office work very fast and rate of approved way more NY office

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I have also already problem physologl hard situation cause my mother ill I don't know whats gonna happen with her and also I have not seen my 2 kids almost for 2 years. I don't want to travel with advance parole cause its risky. And I want to go to doctor to get paper because of my physiology situation. Cause I can't work to do anything it affect all my life here. I hope it will help. Thank you

Waiting for 3 years and 10month now. In California center, used to live in nyc and know girl who’s waiting almost 5 years

I think it also depends where your case is, east coast faster them west, but at the same time I don’t understand how some ppl say here they waited for 3 years got called and my friend is almost on 5 year mark and nothing, pretty random.... when I heard about “last in, first out” rule I just kinda lost hope, now I’m married for 5 months and we think to wait a little bit in order to get the interview after 2nd wedding anniversary and get 10yr GC. So I decided to do research how long other ppl waiting for asylum. But it’s confusing when I see someone get approved much earlier. Are there a roulette in immigration office to call for asylum interview?!

Two of my friends, who got approved recently had to wait a lil more than 3 yrs to get an interview.I understand it depends upon case to case, but I thought 5yrs wait maybe a lil crazy

Two of my friends, who got approved recently had to wait a lil more than 3 yrs to get an interview.I understand it depends upon case to case, but I thought 5yrs wait maybe a lil crazy

My friend waited 2.5 years to be interviewed in Seattle. While a friend from Miami waited just one month.