Waiting Asylum decision

Guys can i still renew my work permit when my case is with EOIR? Work permit expires next year in November a month after my hearing but i have always renewed my EAD like 4 months before expiration

I finally got my referral notice yesterday, i was so frustrated but i feel better now, my hearing is Oct 11 2022, atleast i have enough time to locate a good attorney. it just hurts waiting for 3years for a decision and then boooom a referral notice.
Sorry for that
Can u please share ur timeline?

Looks like you’re a newbie here and don’t know me! One day i was asylum seeker before i was granted asylum and im here to help and give advices for anybody who still needs it! You waiting for your decision right?? Man long story short, without attorney you can get xxxxxx up real bad! The attorney protect your rights and strength your weakness point imagine if you were forced to kidnap someone cause you were a member in political organization which makes you eligible to be granted asylum but cause you was forced for that and kidnap someone you would be denied asylum! I mean there are 80-90 laws like that we have no idea about but the attorney knows so applying for asylum without attorney is liking swimming in the ocean without having a life jacket! You might survive but most likely you will be drown especially with USCIS
You are not the only one in this forum that has gotten asylum and is helping out here . You don't know everyone here and there are bunch of people here who got their asylum without an attorney. Don't make people to feel like if they don't have money they cannot be granted asylum since they cannot afford a lawyer. The fact that your asylum got granted doesn't make you an expert. Calm down and embrace everyone opinions. 90% of the asylee I know didn't need a lawyer. Every case if unique but a lawyer is much needed when your case is a defensive one than an affirmative one . Respect people here and embrace different ideas. You are not an immigration judge.

Hi guys, i have been waiting for my asylum decision for 3yrs and 3month. i always sent inquiries and never got a response. i filed for FIOA but just got document i submitted to them. i tried ombudsman and congress man 2 times, i got an email from congressman saying USCIS MAILED MY DECISION. I checked online an it says decision was mailed. I was not able to see my case history before but now i see "your application with USCIS is still pending" I called the 800 number EAD is currently running but no days mentioned. I guess i just have to wait for the mail. I checked EOIR and no case found for my A number
Hi, I am so sorry for hearing this. I am in the same situation. Looks like my case got denied too. Be strong!!!

My friend is working for a non profit organization who helps the people like refugees and asylum seekers, there are many of them who got their approval without a lawyer and only the people who were referred to the immigration court hired the lawyers with the help of the organization.

There are non profit organizations, churches, mosques and also the community people who help the asylum seekers who couldn’t afford for a lawyer. They help to fill the application and prepare the asylum seekers for the interview.

People who have life threat from their birth country file for an asylum and everyone will not have the evidences in their hands, if we do have evidences then it’s a plus and also if we do not have any evidences it’s not a harm.

There are millions of asylum seekers in the USA and only 2% of them are in this forum, we should keep that in our mind and stop comparing us with the 2%.
Go tell that to the uscis !!!! 90% if you don’t have evidence you will get denied that’s how it works at uscis ! Lol approval without evidence hmm joke of the day! So every one can come here and apply for fraud asylum nah for sure if you gonna apply for asylum u must have evidence otherwise the deportation back to your country is just a matter of time

Last edited:
You are not the only one in this forum that has gotten asylum and is helping out here . You don't know everyone here and there are bunch of people here who got their asylum without an attorney. Don't make people to feel like if they don't have money they cannot be granted asylum since they cannot afford a lawyer. The fact that your asylum got granted doesn't make you an expert. Calm down and embrace everyone opinions. 90% of the asylee I know didn't need a lawyer. Every case if unique but a lawyer is much needed when your case is a defensive one than an affirmative one . Respect people here and embrace different ideas. You are not an immigration judge.
When you get your referral soon then let me know how is the life without attorney ! This is the last time i will reply you i really don’t have time for that things

Stay strong man u still have one more chance just look for good attorney and see the flaws in ur case and try to fix it
You are an essential tool to this forum man. I appreciate your knowledge sharing here so far...

But dont be too hard on some folks here...
I understand you perfectly in all you advise. I had a strong case and overwhelming evidence and was still referred to court. So bottom line is to always get an attorney. Though attorneys charge exorbitant fees these days.

I applied in April 2018
Biometrics April 2018
Interview June 2018
Referral yesteday Oct 14 2021
I am sorry but I hope u will win in court. Could you please tell me what was your status before it changed to "Decision Is Mailed"? Was it "Application Is Pending" or "Decision Is Pending"? Also, did they state a reason for denial? I assume cases taking this long have been in the background check stage. Did they state why there are referring your application to the court?

You are an essential tool to this forum man. I appreciate your knowledge sharing here so far...

But dont be too hard on some folks here...
I understand you perfectly in all you advise. I had a strong case and overwhelming evidence and was still referred to court. So bottom line is to always get an attorney. Though attorneys charge exorbitant fees these days.
Thanks man I really appreciate you and hopefully you win at the court just stay strong! Alright i will not get mad anymore at anyone! I promise and good luck for everyone

Thanks man I really appreciate you and hopefully you win at the court just stay strong! Alright i will not get mad anymore at anyone! I promise and good luck for everyone
You are good and thank you for providing advice in this forum even after your grant. As per my experience an attorney is necessary, if you cannot afford one, there’s “Pro Bono” lawyers and nonprofit organizations would like to help for free. Organizing materials to make your package meet the requirements of INA law is not an easy thing …

You are good and thank you for providing advice in this forum even after your grant. As per my experience an attorney is necessary, if you cannot afford one, there’s “Pro Bono” lawyers and nonprofit organizations would like to help for free. Organizing materials to make your package meet the requirements of INA law is not an easy thing …
Thanks thanks I appreciate you and i wish you all the best

I need help

I received NTA with the date for my first hearing next year Oct. Do I need to submit anything to Immigration court??
Man you need to find attorney as soon as possible no body will help you but a good attorney at this point! Which court are you referred to? Huston or Chicago or where