Waiting Asylum decision

That's wrong it says.on December 28 We received your case so this is not the approval date he waited like almost 5 months to get his approval so he should wait a year from the date he got approved (May)

Note: Read and or see my above comment
Thanks, I will double check with infopass:) I applied Nov 2017, had interview December 2018 and after 2 weeks that showed on the site but I received decision in May and did not have any updates on the site until I received I-94

Last edited:
Thanks, I will double check with infopass:) I applied Nov 2017, had interview December 2018 and after 2 weeks that showed on the site but I received decision in May and did not have any updates on the site until I received I-94
Check your approval letter and your I-94. It will mention clearly when you got approved.

Why do they call for a second interview? Didn’t you provide any enough evidences? Can you explain me about your experience?
My last interview in FEB 2019 in nebraska . I waited long and contacted congressman , after few days they sent letter to have interview next month Chicago.
I applied EAD in jan and I received ead. I believe I provided enough evidences.
In first interview I heard two options- approved or moved to court by AO.
I didn't hired lawyer in first interview.
is my case getting worse or is it good sign second interview?

I read online - different people wrote different things about second time interview.
Few said it's due to lack of information and they will ask more questions.
Few said , sometimes file moved to new officers and they ask each and every question.
Few said that they give decision in person.
While few said , second interview have more risk that your case to move to court.

I have questions:
which documents I need to bring?
The letter I received is signed by director asylum . is director going to take interview?
what is purpose of second interview ?
worried a lot :(

My last interview in FEB 2019 in nebraska . I waited long and contacted congressman , after few days they sent letter to have interview next month Chicago.

I read online - different people wrote different things about second time interview.
Few said , sometimes file moved to new officers and they ask each and every question.
While few said , second interview have more risk that your case to move to court.

I have questions:
The letter I received is signed by director asylum . is director going to take interview?
No, your case is not worsing. Simply, the congressman letter pushed them to make action on your case. They decided to reinterview you. There are a lot of reasons for this.
1. The officer who interviewed you retired or transferred to another location.
2. They need more evidence regarding your case.
3. They need to clarify some points regarding your case.
4. A new officer has been assigned to your case or the supervisor wants to make his final decision.
Finally, all asylum communications are signed by the office director. He won't interview you. You will be interviewed by the officer who interviewed you before, his supervisor, or the new officer whom assigned to your case.

I have questions:
Regarding which documents you should bring, any documents that could support your case.
I can't tell you because I don't know your case. But for example, testimony from your friends, human rights reports, photos, or any documents relevant and consistent with your case.
Good luck

Wishing you all the best
You from Nigwri
Not necessarily. When the decision is mailed and the clock is still running, it could be a recommended approval, as the applicant still not finally approved, his/her clock keeps running until they either receive the final grant or referred to IC in case his/her security check did not clear.

I got recommended approval in march and my case status shows Decision is mailed and clocking keep running but few days ago it changes ,decision is pending and clock still running.
Can you tell why ?

Do I have to wait one year to apply for a green card from the date of receiving the decision or the date on the site. Because I received decision 23th of May 2019 and on the site says 28th December 2018 :) thanks
What date is on your letter ? Thats what will count i guess.

Regarding which documents you should bring, any documents that could support your case.
I can't tell you because I don't know your case. But for example, testimony from your friends, human rights reports, photos, or any documents relevant and consistent with your case.
Good luck
Thanks but till this time it's mystery

Thanks but till this time it's mystery
Hi Lola123456. Can you please tell me the steps you followed to contact congressman and how long after you wrote to the congressman you got called for 2nd interview. I have been waiting for more than 2 years for decision and I am confused right now. Thank you so much.

Hi Lola123456. Can you please tell me the steps you followed to contact congressman and how long after you wrote to the congressman you got called for 2nd interview. I have been waiting for more than 2 years for decision and I am confused right now. Thank you so much.
which place are you living and application have address ?

Hello guys,
I received my first EAD and SSN few days before my case was approved. But my online status is current showing that another EAD has been sent and I will receive it in the days ahead. Please is this common with anyone ?

Hi All,

Inquired about my decision very recently and got a letter saying aslyum application under supervisory review and pending a final decision. Any idea how long would it take or is it a positive thing? Your reply would be highly appreciated. Waiting for my interview decision for 8 months now.

No, your case is not worsing. Simply, the congressman letter pushed them to make action on your case. They decided to reinterview you. There are a lot of reasons for this.
1. The officer who interviewed you retired or transferred to another location.
2. They need more evidence regarding your case.
3. They need to clarify some points regarding your case.
4. A new officer has been assigned to your case or the supervisor wants to make his final decision.
Finally, all asylum communications are signed by the office director. He won't interview you. You will be interviewed by the officer who interviewed you before, his supervisor, or the new officer whom assigned to your case.
Thanks I believe 3rd and 4th may be reason- need calirification or supervisor wants to make decision. I submitted new evidence at end of first interview and officer kept 2 copies instead of 3.
He didn't asked me anything.

Hello guys i got refferal and the resin was lack of testimony in detail and lack of detail about christianity and babel, so i am so upset and have to wait at least 2 and half more years for court day, thank you and i hope all you guys get an approval in your case.

What do you mean by lack of testimony? Did you not tell them the entire story? and can you please share what documents you provided to prove that you converted to christianity?

Hi all, I filed Asylum in 2013 at Chicago office, got interviewed in June 2017 and have not got the decision yet. Everything in my opinion went well. It has been almost two years after the interview in this office. What might be taking them so long even after interview? Do any of you guys have similar experience with Chicago office?

Hello guys,
I received my first EAD and SSN few days before my case was approved. But my online status is current showing that another EAD has been sent and I will receive it in the days ahead. Please is this common with anyone ?

Hi, how did you check that?

Hello guys,
Once your case is approved, your asylum office will send request to issue New EAD. The receipt number for it will be the same number of your asylum case, which starts with Z. You will receive your new EAD card by mail soon.