Waiting Asylum decision

Today I checked my status online. They mailed my renewal Card. It took only 2 weeks for them to send my renewal card. Pretty fast.

Awesome! that is pretty fast, the fees were $380, right? another question is do they date the new EAD from the expiration of your last EAD or from the date they receive the papers for the renewal? that is why I want to know when exactly I should apply.
thanks for the update.

Awesome! that is pretty fast, the fees were $380, right? another question is do they date the new EAD from the expiration of your last EAD or from the date they receive the papers for the renewal? that is why I want to know when exactly I should apply.
thanks for the update.

I got my EAD C8 based on pending asylum over 150 days but on the EAD card the A# is different than the A# assigned to me by the asylum office.
Do you guys have the same situation? If yes why?

I got my EAD C8 based on pending asylum over 150 days but on the EAD card the A# is different than the A# assigned to me by the asylum office.
Do you guys have the same situation? If yes why?

The EAD C08 # is allways different than your case number, EAD under A05 category that they will send to you when your application is granted should carry the same number of your case, that is to my understanding.

thanks for the update.

Hi Karri 2008:

Yes the fee is $380. I think your new date starts when they receive the application. But I am not sure because I have not yet receive my Card. I just checked online that they had sent my card on August 9. So, once I receive my new card I will be able to answer your question. Since, I got my card approved in 2 weeks, I would say it should be fine if you apply within 2 months before your card expire, considering the delay from USCIS. I have applied 3 months before my card expire because I do not want to jeopardy my job if it got stuck in somebody's desk. If you have job then I would recommend you to give yourself plenty of time. Hope you get your card and Asylum application approved soon.

Hi Karri 2008:

Yes the fee is $380. I think your new date starts when they receive the application. But I am not sure because I have not yet receive my Card. I just checked online that they had sent my card on August 9. So, once I receive my new card I will be able to answer your question. Since, I got my card approved in 2 weeks, I would say it should be fine if you apply within 2 months before your card expire, considering the delay from USCIS. I have applied 3 months before my card expire because I do not want to jeopardy my job if it got stuck in somebody's desk. If you have job then I would recommend you to give yourself plenty of time. Hope you get your card and Asylum application approved soon.

hey there, did you receive your EAD? please don't for get to let me know about the issuance date. Thanks

Just receive my new card. The issuance date is the next day when my current card expires.

That is actually nice! I will file to renew mine around 3 months ahead, it is like renewing the car registration it will allways be the same date no matter when you do it.
Thanks for the update and good luck to you! hope we get approval soon! keep us posted regarding your asylum decision as I will do the same.

My experience

I just wanted to sare my experience with you guy ... hopefully it will be of assistance to someone.

I enetred the United States in February of this year on a vistors visa. I applied for asylum at the miami office in May. I went for my interview August ... a month later.

It is important to note that you cannot check your asylum status online until your decision have been mailed out of the asylum office.

I got my final approval notice, the new I -94 card, EAD and letter explaining my responsibilities and benifits as an asylee.

After over 9 months waiting for an initial decision from asylum office. I received a response to my inquiry that my case is still pending for additional review. What is additional review?
I found the following info on the USCIS website regarding additional review. Does this mean my case is with the Headquarters?
"A supervisory asylum officer reviews the asylum officer’s decision to ensure it is consistent with the law. Depending on the case, the supervisory asylum officer may refer the decision to asylum division headquarters staff for additional review. "

Long wait on Asylum Decision, Need a drive to keep holding on

Hey Everyone,
God Bless you all.
I have been waiting for my asylum decision since June 1 2011 which was suposse to be mailled since then; My attorney had been seemingly doing her best to follow up and they keep telling us to wait; Can anyone help me out here? My moods swings all the time, its so hard to keep my drive. Within that time I've had a couple of miscarriage being so stressed out. How do anyone survives that, how long should I be waiting; God help me.
Thank you.

Hey Everyone,
God Bless you all.
I have been waiting for my asylum decision since June 1 2011 which was suposse to be mailled since then; My attorney had been seemingly doing her best to follow up and they keep telling us to wait; Can anyone help me out here? My moods swings all the time, its so hard to keep my drive. Within that time I've had a couple of miscarriage being so stressed out. How do anyone survives that, how long should I be waiting; God help me.
Thank you.

Oh my god, it has been a long time. It must have been extremely difficult for you. I am sorry about the miscarriages you been thru.
It must be the security clearance that need to be done. Have you went to their office and talked to a supervisor or someone who can assist you? Are you still in status or out of status? Do you think there could be some specific reason with your case that could cause all this delay?

Waiting ...

Hi folks,
I had my interview done on August 8 2012. I was initially told to pick up my decision after 2 weeks. But on the day I was supposed to pick up the decision, I got a call from the Asylum office that my decision will be mailed to me. It's been 2 months since my interview and don't have any ideas what's going on. I've been checking with EOIR but when I enter my A# it says my case cannot be found. I checked with the asylum office but they say they cannot give me any information regarding my case. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

In dire need for help

I came to us last year on November on visitor visa , applied for assylum in April and interviewed 29 may.
The decision is still pending and the officer was so mean to me that day , I had lots of ups and downs for the past6 months I went to withdraw my case . A day after that I canceled my withdrawal and came to Chicago . I faxed th office wrote them a letter and asked about my status but there is not a single answer. I do not know what to do please help me . I speak English so in interview I had no interpreter or lawyer . How can I be informed that they did not reject my case . Sometimes I feel I made the biggest mistake of my life .

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you know they faxed that letter?and how do you know whether they did not answer or not?did you file a letter for withdrawal

Hi folks,
I had my interview done on August 8 2012. I was initially told to pick up my decision after 2 weeks. But on the day I was supposed to pick up the decision, I got a call from the Asylum office that my decision will be mailed to me. It's been 2 months since my interview and don't have any ideas what's going on. I've been checking with EOIR but when I enter my A# it says my case cannot be found. I checked with the asylum office but they say they cannot give me any information regarding my case. Can anybody help me with this?

STEP SIX: Asylum Officer Makes Determination on Eligibility and Supervisory Asylum Officer Reviews the Decision

You must meet the definition of a refugee in order to be eligible for asylum. The asylum officer will determine whether you:·

Are eligible to apply for asylum
Meet the definition of a refugee in Section 101(a)(42)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
Are barred from being granted asylum under Section 208(b)(2) of the INA

A supervisory asylum officer reviews the asylum officer’s decision to ensure it is consistent with the law. Depending on the case, the supervisory asylum officer may refer the decision to asylum division headquarters staff for additional review.

STEP SEVEN: Applicant Receives Decision

In most cases, you will return to the asylum office to pick up the decision two weeks after the asylum officer interviewed you.

You will generally receive a decision no later than 60 days after you filed your asylum application. Longer processing times may be required if you:

Are currently in valid immigration status
Were interviewed at a USCIS field office
Have pending security checks
Have a case that is being reviewed by asylum division headquarters staff

how do you know they faxed that letter?and how do you know whether they did not answer or not?did you file a letter for withdrawal

My mom was comatose so I made the decision to come back and withdraw my case one day after I went there and I asked for voiding withdrawal .

Is USCIS website update on EAD definite approval

You will be able to check it online only if you get final approval by USCIS not EOIR.

When you get approved, the online system will give you the status of your EAD. You get EAD automatically 2 days after you get approved by USCIS.

Hi assylum,

I just checked the USCIS website with my Z number and it says....we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
I never applied for EAD and its been 12 days since my asylum interview.Is the above update a guarantee that its a final approval?

Hi assylum,

I just checked the USCIS website with my Z number and it says....we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
I never applied for EAD and its been 12 days since my asylum interview.Is the above update a guarantee that its a final approval?

Congratulations, yes your case is approved and you should receive the EAD A05 within a week or so. You are lucky not to have to wait like some of us.
Happy for you and good luck with the next steps.

Asylum decision

Congratulations, yes your case is approved and you should receive the EAD A05 within a week or so. You are lucky not to have to wait like some of us.
Happy for you and good luck with the next steps.

Thanks Karri,

Really praying believing and trusting God that, that is the case(approval), by the way thanks for replying and thanks to you and many others who post here, u help so many people, maybe more than you can imagine.God bless you for that in your case.