Waiting Asylum decision

Hello guys

Hello Laure, sorry to hear that after 4 months you got a NOID! never give up, you need to file reaputal, sounds like you don't have a good lawyer. I was thinking that if they issue NOID it should be sooner than that, but now I know that I may still recieve NOID!! nothing is sure!
@Ugububu, I just recieved reply from AO, he sayed the background check is not done yet!!!! he said he has already issued a recomendation regarding my case and as they allways say, they can't tell whether it is a recomended approval or NOID, anyway, what makes no sense to me is when he said that a recomendation has been issued but still waiting for the background check!!!! I thought that a recomended approval or NOID is issued regardless if the background is done, my understanding is that they actually come up with whatever story to not let you know what is going on! Now how long is that background check is going to take!! only God knows! because I have read that for some it takes years and I hope it is not my case. Any ideas guys!!!!
On the other hand I have already applied for EAD, hopefully by the end of year I will have my EAD and SSN done so I can start working by next year.
Just to update you guyz! good luck everybody! stay happy and possitive!

Hello karri2008

Hello Laure, sorry to hear that after 4 months you got a NOID! never give up, you need to file reaputal, sounds like you don't have a good lawyer. I was thinking that if they issue NOID it should be sooner than that, but now I know that I may still recieve NOID!! nothing is sure!
@Ugububu, I just recieved reply from AO, he sayed the background check is not done yet!!!! he said he has already issued a recomendation regarding my case and as they allways say, they can't tell whether it is a recomended approval or NOID, anyway, what makes no sense to me is when he said that a recomendation has been issued but still waiting for the background check!!!! I thought that a recomended approval or NOID is issued regardless if the background is done, my understanding is that they actually come up with whatever story to not let you know what is going on!

May be you are right, but they still doing their job, over 60000 asylum cases they accepted in this year.

Now how long is that background check is going to take!! only God knows! because I have read that for some it takes years and I hope it is not my case. Any ideas guys!!!!
On the other hand I have already applied for EAD, hopefully by the end of year I will have my EAD and SSN done so I can start working by next year.
Just to update you guyz! good luck everybody! stay happy and possitive!

It's hard even take a guess how long it's going to make a background check done, sorry. In some cases it takes months, in some weeks. So, two good things out of you story - you get a response from AO and very soon you get a your Employment Authorization.

Thank you for keeping your forum-mates updated.

Good luck and take care.

Hi ugububu,

Ya that was real unfortunate. they mentioned two reasons whey i am not creditable for asylum approval. One of them is lacking detail . so i am just worried that do i have to write all the statement again in very detail or only give the answer what they are asking ( only two questions). And what you think what is the chance to get approval after filing of NOID ?

Hello Laure,

I hope you doing well, may I ask you how's your thing with the rebuttal going?

Good luck and take care.

Hello to all, especially Ugububu and Karri2008. I have been really quite for quite sometime now and i am really sorry for that. we have to keep in touch most often so that we can give ourselves advises and comfort some how. I am just tired of the whole situation. The entire process seems like hell to me. I wonder what is really happening to my case. I have waited for an Interview notice for approx. 7months now. This mental torture is more than i received in my COP I filled for an IEAD and it's been 2 months now and it's still in the initial review stage on the website. This is just not fair.
I am just so confused about the whole thing. Well, I still keep faith as that is the only thing keeping me going. I wish you all good luck.

Hello, Ugububu, Karri2008 and all our friends on this forum. I just received an interview notice after that long. Thank you all very much for all ur advises. Please can u please give me an idea of the questions that could be asked based on ur experience? would be very happy for any assistance.

Hello, Ugububu, Karri2008 and all our friends on this forum. I just received an interview notice after that long. Thank you all very much for all ur advises. Please can u please give me an idea of the questions that could be asked based on ur experience? would be very happy for any assistance.

Hello Register,

Glad to hear good news from you.

At first - carefully read this http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Humanitarian/Refugees & Asylum/Asylum/2007_AAPM.pdf

I referred you to this document just because it's describe everything regarding interview.

My personal experience - be honest, you will be asking about your background than about your claim, most important thing about this - what is happened, how it happened , dates and time, names.

Good luck and take care.

Hey Register, glad to hear that you finally received your interview notice.
When going to the interview, Relax, don't rush when speaking, and allways look to the assylum officer in the eyes. Be honest, and prepared for details, date, place, who, where, why? emotion, feel it when you talk, think of the assylum officer like somebody you are complainging to about your situation. And finally don't worry if you don't answer any of the questions or if your answer wrong, don't let it affect the whole interview, we are human we forget, and we get nervious and they know it.
Wishind you the best, and good luck, remember to drop us a line to let us know how it was.

Hello Karri2008,

thank you very much for the detailed advises. I am so happy that i finally received this notice of interview after this long. I will keep you all posted as the days go by..thank you very much.

Hello All,

Today I filled I-765 as (c) (8) to renewal my EAD.

Good luck.

Hello ugububu, Good luck with the EAD renewal, as I have heard it doesn't take that long to process. My question is, did you apply for the EAD after you applied for assylum? I just applied for the EAD last week and I wounder when it is going to expire? and do you have to pay for the renewal or it is free if you still have your assylum pending?

Hello karri2008.

Hello ugububu, Good luck with the EAD renewal, as I have heard it doesn't take that long to process. My question is, did you apply for the EAD after you applied for assylum?

I applied for my initial EAD before asylum. Right now my initial EAD is about to expire (two more months) and I want to renewal my EAD under (c) (8) - Applicant for asylum category. Other thing - there is no information about my case since May '11, when AO gave my NOID. I filled a rebuttal, then followed all advices which USCIS Customer Support representative gave my I filled an inquiry (August and November). So, with EAD renewal I try to understand what is going on with my case.

I just applied for the EAD last week and I wounder when it is going to expire?

Sorry, have ho idea, better ask somebody who has (c)(8) EAD.

and do you have to pay for the renewal or it is free if you still have your assylum pending?

In my case I have to pay, because it's renewal.

Good luck and take care.

Hello karri2008.

I applied for my initial EAD before asylum. Right now my initial EAD is about to expire (two more months) and I want to renewal my EAD under (c) (8) - Applicant for asylum category. Other thing - there is no information about my case since May '11, when AO gave my NOID. I filled a rebuttal, then followed all advices which USCIS Customer Support representative gave my I filled an inquiry (August and November). So, with EAD renewal I try to understand what is going on with my case.

Sorry, have ho idea, better ask somebody who has (c)(8) EAD.

In my case I have to pay, because it's renewal.

Good luck and take care.
Thanks Ugububu for the reply, it has been around 9 days since I sent my EAD application have not recieved the recept notice yet, hopefully soon I will get it, I am anxious to check my application status online.

EAD is here

Hello Karri2008, Ugububu and everyone. I received a text message with an e-mail yesterday thanksgiving day saying my status has been updated with respect to the EAD and today afternoon, i received the EAD in the mail. That was a very nice thanksgiving gift. I am so happy. I am still to go for the interview...just wanted to keep u guys posted as promised. I wish you all good luck with everything and i will continue to pray for all of ya. Please take care.

Hello Karri2008, Ugububu and everyone. I received a text message with an e-mail yesterday thanksgiving day saying my status has been updated with respect to the EAD and today afternoon, i received the EAD in the mail. That was a very nice thanksgiving gift. I am so happy. I am still to go for the interview...just wanted to keep u guys posted as promised. I wish you all good luck with everything and i will continue to pray for all of ya. Please take care.

Hello Register, happy thanks giving day to you, to Ugububu, and everyone who read this message, what a nice thanks giving for you, LOL, that is a good news, I pray that you get your assylum approval the same day of your interview, there are people who recieved it this way, and I hope your case gets approval on your interview or at least not to exceed 2 weeks, oh wow, thanks for the good news, I am still waiting to receive the EAD application receipt notice, I hope to get the EAD before the end of the year, because I need to start working by January.
Good luck with the interview. Crossing my fingers for you.

Hello Register,

What a good news, congratulations, you deserve it! Really glad to hear that. Good luck and take care.

Hello Ugububu, thank you very much...i will let u all know how it went as soon as it's done. i wish u good luck with ur ead. That would also permit u to know about your case more. It would surely trigger them to inform u about ur case. Do let us know as soon as u get a receipt notice. I continue to pray for u my friend. stay blessed all of u.

Hello Register, happy thanks giving day to you, to Ugububu, and everyone who read this message, what a nice thanks giving for you, LOL, that is a good news, I pray that you get your assylum approval the same day of your interview, there are people who recieved it this way, and I hope your case gets approval on your interview or at least not to exceed 2 weeks, oh wow, thanks for the good news, I am still waiting to receive the EAD application receipt notice, I hope to get the EAD before the end of the year, because I need to start working by January.
Good luck with the interview. Crossing my fingers for you.

Hello Karri2008, thank u for the comments. it was really a nice thanksgiving gift. I thank God for that. I see u already received ur EAD notice of receipt. make sure u register on their website for automatic update wherein u can put ur email and phone number such that, they can notify u instantly once there is an update. In answering u question, the EAD would be valid for One year as of the date it was approved not when u received it. I wish you good luck my friend. Please take care.

Hello Karri2008, thank u for the comments. it was really a nice thanksgiving gift. I thank God for that. I see u already received ur EAD notice of receipt. make sure u register on their website for automatic update wherein u can put ur email and phone number such that, they can notify u instantly once there is an update. In answering u question, the EAD would be valid for One year as of the date it was approved not when u received it. I wish you good luck my friend. Please take care.

Thanks Register for the adivce! I just applied for status update to my email! it is more convinient though. Thanks for the answer about the EAD! another question if u have any idea or anybody on this forum: after I Reicieve this EAD what if they approve my case, as I understand they send you another EAD? if so, what to do with the EAD you already have?
Thanks Register, and good luck to you too.

interview done

Hello Karri2008 and ugububu + all our friends on this forum. The interview went well and it took about 45 mins of questions and 30 mins to read through my personal affidavit/story. The AO said I would get a response in the mail within 2 to 4 weeks from the interview day. Also said before christmas, will be in the mail. The AO really seemed nice and told me not to worry that i did a good job...I just wait for the results in the mail and not all these big talks. thank u karri2008 and ugububu for all the assistance. I just joined u now in waiting for the decision and i hope it's a grant or win win for all in this forum. Good luck to you all.

Hello Karri2008 and ugububu + all our friends on this forum. The interview went well and it took about 45 mins of questions and 30 mins to read through my personal affidavit/story. The AO said I would get a response in the mail within 2 to 4 weeks from the interview day. Also said before christmas, will be in the mail. The AO really seemed nice and told me not to worry that i did a good job...I just wait for the results in the mail and not all these big talks. thank u karri2008 and ugububu for all the assistance. I just joined u now in waiting for the decision and i hope it's a grant or win win for all in this forum. Good luck to you all.

Hello Register! I am glad to hear that your interview went smooth! the timing is good which means the AO is convenced of ur case! mine was a long one! and telling you that you will get it by mail from 2 to 4 weeks is a good news! I have read some stories from other guys where the AO tell them similar to you and they get approved! congratulations Register! I hope you get it before the end of year!