Waiting After Interview and Online Status

adenleeway

Registered Users (C)
I completed my asylum interview exactly two weeks ago, and was told that I should receive the decision in two weeks. However, I still haven't heard anything about the decision, and I entered my Z number checking my case status online, there's always "Your Case Cannot Be Found at This Moment." I heard that if the case is approved, the online status would show a card production, which is for EAD. Is it a good or bad sign that I receive nothing, and the online status is also saying my case is nowhere to be found? I'm so anxious...

I completed my asylum interview exactly two weeks ago, and was told that I should receive the decision in two weeks. However, I still haven't heard anything about the decision, and I entered my Z number checking my case status online, there's always "Your Case Cannot Be Found at This Moment." I heard that if the case is approved, the online status would show a card production, which is for EAD. Is it a good or bad sign that I receive nothing, and the online status is also saying my case is nowhere to be found? I'm so anxious...

when you receive notification for interview, did you get new case number or not if you get it are you check with new case number ?

Wait at least a month and see if you get a referral to court or approval. Since you are out of status, chances are less you compared to people in status to wait for their decision for months and years.

Good luck

asylum decision in 2 weeks but got call from officer on 7th day after interview

Had my interview last week. I was supposed to go and pick decision after 2 weeks of the interview. But on 7th day my attorney got call from officer that the decision is ready and they need my address to mail it as they cant mail it to my attorney and then my attorney called them back and gave my address . I have given my attorney's address for receiving all the documents from uscis. Also in the interview the officer asked why i dont want to receive documents at my address to which i answered that i want my attorney to receive everything.
I am out of status and very nervous that why the officer called and said that she will mail as i live nearby the san Francisco uscis office.
Thanks in advance for all your valuable inputs.

I am not sure, but I've heard that if the decision is bad, they prefer to deliver it in person - because then you cannot claim you never received it - since you physically pick it up. So perhaps it is good news!

my result

I am not sure, but I've heard that if the decision is bad, they prefer to deliver it in person - because then you cannot claim you never received it - since you physically pick it up. So perhaps it is good news!
Hey Ms.A, thanks for the positivity. I went to pick up my result today and i got final approval. :)
I wish the same for all of you..
Hope god gives everyone this moment of happiness.

Hey Ms.A, thanks for the positivity. I went to pick up my result today and i got final approval. :)
I wish the same for all of you..
Hope god gives everyone this moment of happiness.

Big congratulations!! Did you check the status online and what did it say?

Hi

I filed my Asylum application on Feb 2013 , and so far I have not heard anything about my interview , my attorney is keep telling me that they have backlog there , I m kind of nervous . any idea if this is normal? is there anything we can do to expedite the process? also my EAD will become expire on NOV 2014 , when is the best time to renew it? does anyone know the process? costs? form? . thank you guys for your supports.