wait time for oath in Brooklyn, NY

talior

Registered Users (C)
Hello All!

I have been interviewed on March 3rd, 2005 in Garden City, NY. INS officer told me it would take from 7 to 14 days for me to get a letter and to complete oath ceremony. He said it doesn't take any longer in Brooklyn. Now is already March 20th - 17th days from my interview and I haven't received anything. I need to go outside the US on April 2nd. Would anyone have any idea or recent expirience on how long could this thing take? Is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks

sony55 said:
I am with you and Johnny too!
It could be a good idea to ask around and try to figure out the next ceremony and then you probably have a clue about when you "could" be naturalized.
good luck

sony55 said:
It could be a good idea to ask around and try to figure out the next ceremony and then you probably have a clue about when you "could" be naturalized.
good luck

There are 4 ceremonies per week in Brooklyn Cadman Plaza. I asked this question at my ceremony and the officer said that we have ceremony every day except Friday.
MY experience is that if they clear you on the day of interview, you get your oath letter after the interview. Otherwise it can be one month or who knows when?
The above statement refers to Graden City, NY office.

Thanks, HM1!

Are you saying I should have asked for my oath letter right after the interview? Officer didn't say it could be an option. He just said - "no worries, you would be done in one or two week - we will get your letter in the mail". Anyway, it seems to be I should just wait now. How many people are there at each Cadman Plaza Ceremony? Also do you know what advance notice to they give you with this letter? Is it 5 day, 7 days or there is no rool?

Thanks!

talior,

When I had my interview 2 weeks back at Garden City, they gave oath letter to everyone who waited after the interview. I waited in the first floor for 30 mins and got my oath letter and took my oath last friday in Brooklyn Courthouse. I suggest you setup an appointment with INS after you return from your trip. Good luck.

talior,

I noticed your interview was on March 3rd. Mine was on March 4th. I found the staff at Garden City to be very helpful. Hope you get your oath letter soon.

talior said:
Thanks, HM1!

Are you saying I should have asked for my oath letter right after the interview? Officer didn't say it could be an option. He just said - "no worries, you would be done in one or two week - we will get your letter in the mail". Anyway, it seems to be I should just wait now. YES YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR FEW WEEKS.
How many people are there at each Cadman Plaza Ceremony? 150-550 OR MORE
Also do you know what advance notice to they give you with this letter? Is it 5 day, 7 days or there is no rool? NO SET RULE - ANYWHERE FROM 5 DAYS TO 5 WEEKS
Thanks!

yahoo_2005 said:
talior,

When I had my interview 2 weeks back at Garden City, they gave oath letter to everyone who waited after the interview. I waited in the first floor for 30 mins and got my oath letter and took my oath last friday in Brooklyn Courthouse. I suggest you setup an appointment with INS after you return from your trip. Good luck.

YAHOO 2005, thanks! It seems to me I should have asked for an oath letter right after my interview and I would have been already done with it! You are saying I should set up an appointment with INS after I return. What do you mean by it? Should I go back to Garden City office? Where? Or I should be calling them?