wait time For Minniapolis/ St apul Area - Urgent

good_wait

Registered Users (C)
Please update if any one has any idea..of how long does Twin city St Paul/Minnieapolis) Transfer / local office take to schedule interview...?

Thanks

St. Paul, MN processing time

Hi,

This is just from my personal experience. It took 3 months for them to issue an RFE (via phone) after my case got transferred to them. But after the RFE, it was only 2 weeks and I got approved right away. Here's my info:

ND: 11/2001
FP: 5/2002
Xferred to St. Paul: 2/2003
RFE: 5/5/2003
AP: 5/19/2003
Green Card arrival: 6/13/2003

The Immigration officer was kind and very helpful. I think it was a kinder twist of fate when I got transferred to the local office. My friend's case remained in Nebraska, filed earlier than me, but until now does not yet have approval.

I hope this helps.

StillHaveFaith

why is a case transferred ?

You can yell at me if this questions bugs you .... all of us are frustrated and don't always have answers to questions like this.

Why is a case ever transferred to a local office ? Any factors ? Any known reasons ?

StillHaveFaith,
Could you tell me what the procedure for interview was. Do we have to arrive early ( 5:30 ) in the morning as everybody else even though the interview is scheduled for late afternoon. I think they let people with scheduled interview through without any issues. Can you confirm that ? Any tips or suggestions would really be welcome especially do's and Dont's.

As for how much time it takes them to Xfer , here are my details

ND Nov 2001
Approval Date : May 12th 2003

Notice of Local xfer for Spouse : May 19th 2003
Appointment letter for Interview : July 12th 2003
Interview Date : August 26th 2003

I think the reason why they xferred my wifes case to the local office is that our marriage date was pretty close to our i-485 filing date. That usually is the case.

StillHaveFaith,
I have one more question from you ? Did you have to bring in the notice of local xfer that was sent to your lawyer ? Did you also have to bring you lawyer along with you to the local interview ?

Thanks for your reply

Reasons for Xfer

Hi all,

1) Although I did ask the IIO why I got transferred, he did not give a specific reason why. He said it's very random. I did invoke AC21 after 180 days after filing the I-485

2) I was actually scheduled to go for an interview on May 30, but a friend said that maybe I should chance it 1 week earlier. I went in there at 1pm 1 week before May 30, and very politely asked the guard if I can see the IIO ahead of time (I mentioned that I might be traveling on business on May 30). The guard asked the IIO and the IIO agreed to see me.

3) I guess getting there 1 hour before your actual interview time is safe enough.

4) I did not have my lawyer with me. But I brought all of my official papers (from passport, I-140, Xfer notice, pay stubs, electric bills, bank bills to prove residence just in case, etc.). The IIO did not ask to see anything except for the Xfer notice and ID.

5) My suggestion for anyone interviewing: be polite and courteous to everyone at the BCIS office, from the guard to the IIO assistant, to the IIO person himself/herself. I tried to chat up the IIO also and communicated that I appreciated how much short-staffed they are, considering the volume of papers they are processing.

I hope I've answered your questions. Good luck and I hope everything turns out well for everyone.
-StillHaveFaith