wait time for I-485 approval

cool_change

Registered Users (C)
I-140 approved today. had a rfe last sept.3 for prevailing wage. uscis rcvd evidence oct.3, they approved it today oct.4

they are very fast!!!!!!!!!!!

my question now is, how long do I need to wait for I-485 approval, if there is no more RFE?

congrats

congrats coolchange :)
one of my friends got the greencard in 5 months.so i think it can vary from months to 1 or 2 years.did you start working?

mainegirl,

thanks. yup, i arrived in the usa jan.31, started working feb.1. so, it means that the processing now is fast. thank GOD. how about you, are your papers being processed? what stage are you in now?

The following are my case details, why is that I didnt receive any updates on my 140/485 even though the processing dates online at uscis.gov shows

I-140 - Schedule A workers- June 20 2005

PT
Applied for I-140/I-485/EAD/Advance parole:30 Dec 2004 (PD)
EAD approved: June 2005
Advance parole approved: June 2005
FP Done: March 2005
140: Waiting
I-485: Waiting.

waiting for I-485 approval

congrats cool change..
I am an RN too, my I-140 got approved in june , i did my biometrics on 28th sept, and got a message from USCIS that name check is pending and i am still waiting for my I-485 to be approved, yours has really taken place quick.

Congrats cool change!
Did u apply under EB2?. My dates are very close to your dates actually and I have got one RFE on I 140. Actually I am going to home country to get married and don't wanna see my I 485 approved before I come back with my wife. What I could do to make sure it won't happen.

Cheers,

hi,
Can I ask you what your rfe is ?
good luck for the rest of your process.
ijaffery said:
Congrats cool change!
Did u apply under EB2?. My dates are very close to your dates actually and I have got one RFE on I 140. Actually I am going to home country to get married and don't wanna see my I 485 approved before I come back with my wife. What I could do to make sure it won't happen.

Cheers,

I applied for schedule a occupation.
have you also filed for your I-485? my serrvice center is texas. under what occupation were you filed? first time i knew of someone who wishes that the greencard don't be approved yet. hehehe

ijaffery said:
Congrats cool change!

Cheers,

Just ignore my last reponse somehow I did not see any of ur responses.

I was applied under Software Engineer EB 2 catagory. Do u think early approval is only happening incase of schedule A workers or it does not matter ??