Wait time for green card petitions/visa for siblings

dilash

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

I have few Qs regarding green card wait time for siblings. I am US citizen and want to file I-130 for my sister who lives in my home country. I know once it gets approved siblings have to wait for visa up to several years.

I read online that wait time depends on the country that sibling lives. And I know that there are few people from my country who are US citizens because my country does not allow dual citizenship thus they prefer not to be.

Now my Q is since there potentially less people filing for their siblings in my country, will the waiting time be significantly less for my sister? Or still mandatory wait time will be about 10 yrs even if line is not that long for applicants/beneficieries in my country? Just want to know if it worth applying, I mean if she will get it sooner if there little line for my country.

Thank you in advance and sorry if my Qs seem unclear. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the sibling category (and the other family categories from 1st to 3rd preference) the wait times are the same for all countries except Mexico and the Philippines.

For the sibling category (and the other family categories from 1st to 3rd preference) the wait times are the same for all countries except Mexico and the Philippines.

Hi Jack, I was reading for the sibling category, comes to take 10 years for a visa interview and the (Brazilian). I'm thinking of petitioning for my parents and my sister over 21 years together. I can not understand after all what is the timeframe. Because I do not want my sister is prevented from entering the country. Could you help me, please?