Wait Time after Name Check clearance

track_gc

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Throw some light on these please -

1. How long does it usually take for the Name Check results to reach from USCIS Head Quarters in Washington DC to local District USCIS office?

2. How much time does the local USCIS (I mean CSC) usually takes to resume I485 processing after receiving the Name Check clearance from its Head Quarters?

3. Are there any more possible hurdles at USCIS after the name check clearance?

4. Does calling/emailing the USCIS Customer Service help expedite the approval? If so which one is advisable - Calling or Emailing?

You might have guessed my motive behind these questions - yes, my name check clearance has come out of FBI black hole last week after being stuck in FBI for 1.5 years, phew, its a great relief...

I am now curious on what next...

Hi Track GC,

Congratulations, I guess now it should be matter of weeks.
How did you come to know that Name check is done - Senator /congressman or inquiry with CSC ?

I am also stuck on Namecheck blackhole since Dec'04.

Thanks,

Hi Will_get_there1,

Thanks for the info. I came to know about my name check results because of diligent follow up by Congresman's "help with federal agency casework" service.

track_gc
======
Category: EB2 (INDIA)
Labor PD: 25-JAN-2002
Labor AD: DEC-2004
I140/I485 RD: 21-JAN-2005 (Concurrent)
I140 AD: 18-MAY-2005

question for Track GC

Hi Track GC
Any update on this for u. I got my name check complete on July 6th , 2006. Did you do any thing else to move forward ? I was curious to know how long does it take after name check clearance.

let me know.

thanks
Pandee

It takes about 3 weeks to update

In my case it took about 3 weeks..I was calling every week after getting FBI response..In my opinion, you have to keep bugging them otherwise they will take their own time to update it in their database..please see my postings in this thread for further details..as you can see in this thread, you can also intiate an aila inquiry through ur attorney ...based on the response that u received from fbi..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=214587
if you fp and pd are current, your case should move faster now..
Good luck!
Toxsci.

Hi tosci
i had one question , you suggest talkign to TSC (CSC in my case).
Is that a seperate number or I just call the 180 number for USCIS.
Last time they called they said 60 days not over since you made last enquiry so wait. Should I Just keep calling?

please advice.
thanks
Pandee

pandee said:
Hi tosci
i had one question , you suggest talkign to TSC (CSC in my case).
Is that a seperate number or I just call the 180 number for USCIS.
Last time they called they said 60 days not over since you made last enquiry so wait. Should I Just keep calling?

please advice.
thanks
Pandee
I do not know if there is a way to call CSC directly..you could try the same procedure (that is used to call TSC) and give it a try. In my opinion, calling service center is better than national customer service center.
Good luck!
Toxsci

Hi
i have confirmation from Senator that name check was complete on july 6th, 2006.
My attorney had sent a seperate request to USCIS month back and recieved a note saying name check pending.

Not sure what happened? Does it take time for USCIS to recieve name check from FBI, any advice on what should I do next?

Also how do I call CSC, i have only one number for National customer service.

thanks
Pandee

No updates on my case yet since my last posting last week. Since EB2 is retrogressing starting August, ever since I came to know that my Name Check got cleared I did everything I could to expedite my case but so far no signs of any progress.

1. I took Infopass appointment last week on 7/19 with USCIS San Jose office (in Moterey Road) and spoke with an Immigration Officer. While Officer was sympathetic hearing my long wait story, maximum she could do was initiating an online inquiry with USCIS Customer Service, which may take up to 30 days even for a response, besides giving me some advises (2 and 3 below). I guess their inquiry process is same as what is available to the applicants through the National Customer Support 1-800-375-5283 number.

2. Based on Infopass officer's advise, I called the National Customer Support 1-800-375-5283 number and they also could not help much except initiating yet another inquiry with same storey of 30 days response bla bla.. When I requested them to transfer the call to an Immigration Officer at CSC, they refused to do so saying that they are not authorized to transfer calls related to Status Inquiry to CSC.

3. Infopass officer advised to contact CSC through Attorney as she said that Attorneys have some special access to USCIS numbers where they can directly talk with the Adjudication Officer. I left couple of messages to my Attorney requesting to do the needful but to my fate my attorney is not traceable for last 1 week.

Here I am, hoping for some miracle to happen to get my I485 approved before the Auguest retrogression pushes me to endless wait again...

And LUD changes either...

However, Infopass officer has found my Name Check clearance being updated in my case info in USCIS records. I really can't understand what more they are waiting for...

Hi Track GC
this is a sad situation, some thing or the other keeps putting things on hold.
have u tried Senator enquiry? or email to CSC , what did they respond?

Pandee

Sorry, I meant to say "NO LUD changes either..."

All options exhausted including Senator and Congressman. Senator wasn't of much help. But Congressman was of great help as I mentioned earlier in this thread. I can not push him any further as he, while informing me about my name check clearance, advised me to wait until November for the approval.

I got the following response from USCIS for my last week's email inquiry. This means I am sure to roll into yet another spell of retrogression.

"Both I-485 fingerprints have expired. You will be mailed a fingerprint appointment when the ASC in your area has appointments available. Once the fingerprints clear, the files will be processed."

Just noticed LUD on our I485 cases with todays date 7/26/2006. Most probably it is associated with the USCIS response mentioned in my last posting.

Name check:

If you're lucky, you'll get cleared within a few months.

If you're not one of those lucky ones, it seems to take 1 - 3 years
for most of cases. Some cases do take more than 3 years.

Good luck ! We all need it.