Wait period between RFE receipt and Approval??

Vj73

Registered Users (C)
What is a typical wait period between "RFE response" receipt by the USCIS and Approval?? And just to get a general idea, how long have you guys been waiting in this status?

not true in my case..

we responded the very next day of receiving the RFE. there were only 10 days between the date RFE was intiated and they received the response.

What Do you know?!?

I started this thread to get a general feel as to how long one has to wait after an RFE.
Well, Guess what?? this morning when i opened my inbox, the first thing I see is an approval for me and my wife!!!
3 cheers to this forum!!!
kudos to the moderators - old and new....
really this forum has been an inspiration and good moral support through out our journey!!!!

Thank you guys...

vjshankar did you get your approval the very next day the online msg said that RFE was received.
Did you reply to a AC21 RFE ?
What letters did you send on original letterhead of new company you are working for ?

Thanks for all the info in advance

Vj73 said:
What is a typical wait period between "RFE response" receipt by the USCIS and Approval?? And just to get a general idea, how long have you guys been waiting in this status?

9 Weeks as on 07/08/04

I kinda wagely remember some lawyer saying that sending response too early could also cause delay. What he said was that once the INS sends RFE the file is sent back to the store. The receiving office tries to retrieve the file from store when they receive the response to RFE, attach it to the file and sends back to the requesting officer. If the response is sent too early, the receiving office does not find the file in store and put aside the reponse for a period of time causing delays. According to this source, one should not send the response before 10 days of issue of RFE.

I don't know how true is this.

yes!! it was an AC21 case

mine was an AC21 case.... but, I had not informed the USCIS until I got my RFE... (they had specifically mentioned that if the current employer is different from the one whe sponsored, they needed a letter from the current employer mentioning the job duties and title).
Other docs asked were 2W2's, 2 1040's and 3 paystubs.

LUD changed today

exactly 1 month after receipt of my response to RFE, today the LUD changed. no approval though, yet. keeping fingers crossed.. this is an eternal wait, looks like :)

details....

Here are my details!!!

GC Processing started - 07/2000
Labor Filed - 11/2000
Labor Approved - 12/2000
140 Filed - 06/2001
140 Approved - 07/2001
485 filed (RD) - 02/17/2002
485 filed (ND) - 03/02/2002
2 FP's (dont remember the dates)
RFE Issued - 05/27/2004 (EVL, W2's, 1040's, pay stubs)
RFE Received (by USCIS) - 06/25/2004
I-485 Approved - 07/07/2004

go to 4 weeks...

INS received my RFE ago 4 weeks but nothing change.
How long do i must wait....

WAC # 02087*****