Wait between interview date and receiving oath notice

bystander_1999

Registered Users (C)
I finished interview in USCIS Buffalo office. Much to my surprise, I still haven't received oath notice. Based on reading others experience, I assumed that oath ceremony often comes within a few days of interview. So far, I haven't heard anything from USCIS. I went to the field office and received confirmation from front desk,who checked and told me that I should wait for Oath notice.

Is this normal?

-Thanks guys in advance.

Did you request a name change? Did the office explain to you what type of ceremony you will be attending?

I finished interview in USCIS Buffalo office. Much to my surprise, I still haven't received oath notice. Based on reading others experience, I assumed that oath ceremony often comes within a few days of interview. So far, I haven't heard anything from USCIS. I went to the field office and received confirmation from front desk,who checked and told me that I should wait for Oath notice.

Is this normal?

-Thanks guys in advance.

it's been almost 4 weeks since my interview and I still haven't received my oath letter. I know my oath will be on Dec 18 as per USCIS customer rep (infopass). so it's just a matter of time before I see that oath letter in my mailbox.

Just a follow up to my initial post. I received Oath Date letter for Dec. 10 appointment on Nov. 20. Prior to that, I made an InfoPass appointment and went to the office where I had my interview to verify whether my supporting documents were received and processed. At there, I was told that all things were in order and that I should sit tight and wait for Oath Letter.

Thanks for all the supports and helps from all from the forums. I had been using the forum from Green Card application time. That was almost 9 years ago. I guess I am on my way out, but hope the very best to all still in the long and audacious process.

DO - Texas
4-year EB3 GC
08/05/09 - N-400 to USCIS
08/11/09 - Check cashed
08/14/09 - Rcpt date
08/19/09 - NOA recvd
08/20/09 - FP letter rcvd (ND 08/27)
09/03/09 - FP appt (done!)
09/20/09 - IL recd (ND 09/15)
10/27/09 - ID (passed test, but request for current residence proof info)
11/12/09 - InfoPass appointment to follow up
12/10/09 - OD (per infopass )