• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Waec Result - Dv Lottery 2007

Lizzy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a winner of 2007 DV Lottery awaiting the 2nd letter from KCC. Do i need to pay WAEC - in (Nigeria) now to forward my WAEC result to the Embassy when my numbers / case will come up in mid 2007?

I will be grateful if anybody can clarify this issue for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lizzy said:
Hi,

I am a winner of 2007 DV Lottery awaiting the 2nd letter from KCC. Do i need to pay WAEC - in (Nigeria) now to forward my WAEC result to the Embassy when my numbers / case will come up in mid 2008?

I will be grateful if anybody can clarify this issue for me.

Hello Lizzy,
Your posting above refers, firstly i will like you to answer these questions
1. Do you have the original certificate from WAEC with you?
2. If you a winner in DV 2007 then you should not be talking of 2008 or its a typographical error?

As long as you have the original WAEC Cert with you, you don't need anything to do with WAEC, consular general will contact WAEC if the need be.

Then to clarify the second question, DV 2007 will only last till Sept 2007. Winners of DV 2007 will only be able to obtain VISAs between Oct 2006 to Sept 2007. I hope these has really helped if not get in touch with embassy.

Re-waec Result

Thanks Adebayo.

Yes, i have collected the original certificate from WAEC.

2008 is a typographical error. I meant to write mid 2007.

LAGOS NIGERIA.
NL RECEIVED:23/05/2006
CASE NUMBER:2007AF00016XXX
SENT BACK TO KCC:30/05/2006.
WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER

adebayo said:
Hello Lizzy,
Your posting above refers, firstly i will like you to answer these questions
1. Do you have the original certificate from WAEC with you?
2. If you a winner in DV 2007 then you should not be talking of 2008 or its a typographical error?

As long as you have the original WAEC Cert with you, you don't need anything to do with WAEC, consular general will contact WAEC if the need be.

Then to clarify the second question, DV 2007 will only last till Sept 2007. Winners of DV 2007 will only be able to obtain VISAs between Oct 2006 to Sept 2007. I hope these has really helped if not get in touch with embassy.

Adebayo,

Sorry for coming in here. I think from my friend's experience who just concluded his DV interview, he paid some certain amount of money (from #2,000 to #5,000) to WAEC for result verification.

Please lets find out from others about this.

sameffiong said:
Adebayo,

Sorry for coming in here. I think from my friend's experience who just concluded his DV interview, he paid some certain amount of money (from #2,000 to #5,000) to WAEC for result verification.

Please lets find out from others about this.

Hello sameffiong,
kindly confirm fom your friend if he or she had an issue with the result or if he/she has the original WAEC Cert with him/her if yes i tell you your friend has just wasted 2 to 5k for nothing, am telling you what i know, i have people that are working in the embassy, Consular will only contact WAEC if they have issues with your Result or if they are not so convinced about it. Result Verification is not a thing you have to do if no issues. i have seen more than 5 people that have gone for the interview without any result verification and they came out good. pls confirm

Lizzy pls take note, during your interview you will proof to the consular officer that those results are actually yours by testing you on any of the subjects, it might be Eng, Math, or whatever, The consular is so much interested in our WAEC result in Nigeria because of what they have seen in the past, you know what i mean now.... meanwhile in other countries it is different. If you are not ok with my explanations you can then go ahead with the verification or better still ask some other people to ascertain the fact. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: