WAC160 -- April 2001 ND -- no FP yet

kuchchbhee

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was filed in April and i have not received the FP yet. My colleague who filed 3 months after me received his FP notice last week. I cannot get the INS number in daytime. Can i go to INS office personally since i live near Laguna Hills? My lawyer is not being much help....
any advice?

I\'m in the same boat!

My ND is in March 2001, No FP yet.

Have you sent fax enquiry? It works for many people for FP notice. I have sent two rounds, in Oct, two faxes, Nov. three faxes. I also tried to write letters to Laguna.

Please let me know your experience if you decide to go to Laguna INS office.

Try the fax enquiry

I think it really helps. I was also in the same boat. According to my lawyer we may have been the people that were in the transition time when INS moved to new FP system. Some got 2 notices and some none. My lawyer said he had a few such cases and they got scheduled after fax enquiry. If your lawyer is not willing do it yourself.

FAX Format

thanks for info! I see some hope now...Do you know where I can get the fax format & number?
thanks!

here is the info kakinada gave about fax enquiry

The form is found here
    Ok, here is the updated form and instructions.
    http://www.elirich.com/cal-guidelines.pdf
the form is on page 34 and insturctions on 5

What to fill:
1) WAC no, A No#
2) Write your own address in RESPOND TO:
3) Put a FAX number as well. It is required as you will note it from the form
4) EXPLANATION:
   I put:
   Not recd FP Notice. I am concerned that it is lost in MAIL as cases
   with LATER WAC No\'s got their FP\'s already.

Fax with my own format:
I just wrote a mail to the DUTY OFFICER, giving all the above particulars and stating that even after 180 days of applying I did not get my FP NOTICE.

The fax numbers are given on the form. Fax attn:duty officer, division4. Fax to both numbers of Division4.

HOPE THIS REALLY WORKS. GOOD LUCK.