Hi!

My I485 was approved on June 22. Here are my details:

EB3
Labor application = June 22, 2001
Labor approved = December 2002
I-140/I485 concurrent application = January 30, 2003
I-140 approved = November 2003
I-485 approved = June 22, 2004

They didn't send RFE, only approval. My attorney was surprised that is was so fast. We went to stamp our passport yesterday in San Jose, had to wait around three hours to get stamped.

Thank you to everyone in this board, it was very helpful, and sometimes, the only ray of hope when we were waiting. You guys are awesome.

Good Luck to everyone!

Edited to change EB2 for EB3, OOPS!

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_FEDUP said:
Congratulations..............

When did you get your fingerprints done?

First we got them at san jose, last year. When we went for the stamping after the approval, they got our fingerprints again.

srini_7272 said:
Will you please share your stamping experiences, Like Security check, any questions asked by IO etc.,

Sure!
We went to the immigration office in San Jose, and there were two lines to get in, one really long one, and another short one. We were told to stand in the short line because we had a letter from INS (our approval notice). We got in fast, and went through metal detector/x rays. One thing to notice if you go to this office, they won't let you in if your cell phone has a camera. My husband had to walk back to the car to leave the cell phone there.

Inside we got a number and waited for three hours until our number was called. The only questions we had was if we had wiht us any paroles or EAD, which I didn't have. The IO took my H1B I94 and told me to destroy my EAD and paroles :D . Then she said Congratulations! and that was it! it took less than five minutes.

I hope this helps!