!!!!WAC02 I485 scanner!!!!

collection module...

Silly Man,
Data collection module is ready now. These XML files (attached in my previous posts) are generated with this app. I'm not posting it to the public (as an attachment to this thread) to prevent abusive connections to INS web site. I can send you a copy whenever you are ready with the other stuff. You can see how it works from the spec I gave in one of the previous messages (command line params, options, etc.). Let me know if you have any questions/issues.

INS is getting plenty of feedback to implement more security so take out data ASAP . This thing will be gone by next week i guess.

security notice

Just FYI ( in case anyone hasn't read this )

For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this Government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/privnote.htm

green

this note warns people not to upload/change information. is it illegal to punch numbers into the phone and retrieve non-personal information? it may not be illegal at all to retrieve status info using a program. but then again, I wouldn't do it unless I have to

thanks, good luck...

neeru

like i said it is "just FYI"

Just for argument , the note also says :
"to ensure that this service remains available to all users"...
"or otherwise cause damage"

An indiscriminate usage of any automaton could cause just
that... Times are such , that a healthy paranoia is
waranteed .. wouldn't you agree?

project on hold

Reading the most recent messages, I decided to put this project on hold :( Silly Man, maybe when we get approved, we can continue working on this for the waiters that are behind us. Having a GC would feel much more comfortable to do such thing than being in this waiting state. What do you think?