WAC02-034 status

Why you want to run a script and check other's status? I would say check your status and be happy. I know it will give you satisfaction that you are not the only one who did not get approval but if you found that every body else got it, then WHAT?
;)

Just i want to get the overview of cases which match my series. I know some of my friends with the same series got the approval and some are just waiting like me.

Details :

RD : OCT-2001
ND : 07-NOV-2001
FP : 24-APR-2002
RFE : 24-NOV-2002
RECV: 05-DEC-2002

Still AVM showing FP received on 5th december.

vipsha and skumar, both your concerns are justified.

Script running tells us a good overview of the progress, since INS doesn't declare that info, but excessive script running might get us in trouble.

skumar, without running the script, I can tell you that wac-02-34, apprx 50% of the cases are untouched. If you still wanna run it, you will find it as an attachment in the 02-046 thread.

I think we shouldn't quit running the script, but we should not run it as much either.

I got the RFE in my case in november and INS has received RFE documents by 5th of december. currently i am on second H1, which is not stamped. My AP is expired and EAD is valid till february 03. I am making a plan to visit india in month of march. Could anyone suggest me wheather i should file the AP, EAD renewal or stamped the second H1. If i am stamping the another H1, will there be any problem with I485 processing. What will happen if i am in abroad and get the approval here. Have anyone get the approval in november or december after getting the RFE for WAC02-034. Pl. submit your view.

skumar,

I would say play safe, seek for alternative to 485 which is AP or H1.

First thing apply for AP and get the AP before leaving US also apply for EAD if you are planning to work on EAD or in case. It is matter of few $$s but it will be peace of mind.
If you get the H1 stamped in India well and good you will not be required AP or EAD.
If you don't get H1 stamped in India saying that you in AOS (which I doubt, will happen), use your AP to enter US

If you get approval while in India, now there could be two cases
1. H1 stamp is already done then no problem use your H1 to enter US
2. H1 stamp has not been done and US embassy says that they can not stamp H1 since your 485 has been approved then use AP to come back.
2nd case is a hypothetical in nature but still you will be safe.

to sillyman/others

who are planning to run the webscripts against INS database. I must agree that you guys are smart but please don't run any scripts aginst INS and this is totally illegal to check other's status and it might even cause an additional delay in 485 application process. Hope you all understand....... :)

Thanks and regards!
-Mog

vipsha,

As i already written that currently i donn't have valid AP. It's being expired in december 2002. EAD is also going to be expired in feb 2003. As i heard that AP renewal takes arround 3 month and EAD even much longer than AP, i think it will be better to stamp H1. I just want to make sure that wheather there will be any problem if i stamp my second H1 in place of renewing my EAD and AP. Some people also suggest to not to go to india if you are expecting the approval anytime sooner. But as you must be knowing about, there is no certain rule through which you could decide when you might be getting the approval in current circumstances. Currently i am working in texas. Will there be any problem since my processing is going from california?

silly man, i could not find any attachment for my case WAC02-034 in your 02-046 thread. Could you tell me what is the name of attachment and in which page it is attached to. I got the RFE on november, so i am expecting that my case is not untouched. am i wrong here??

sanjay.

skumar11,

There should be absolutley no problem in
getting a new H-1b stamp while your i485 is pending.

Ramakriya

you are right AP and EAD are taking too much of time so that option is gone means you can not have AP and EAD in time but it better to apply and ask your friends keep checking your mail if they get the approval ask them mail that to you at your India address. Though chances of getting approval in time are very remote.

Working in Texas and processing from CSC should not be a problem even in my case I was working in Boston when my GC was approved yeah but I filed my 485 from CSC when I was in CA.

Even I would suggest not to plan any trip when you are expecting your approval soon, but that does not solve your purpose right? So seek for all other alternatives but at this point you have only one alternative i.e. H1 stamp and if you can not get it stamp in INDIA then in that case you are gone. you will not be able to come back so avoid trip if you can but if you can not then go for H1 and also apply for AP ASAP.

It is not urgent. I want to go there for change. If i stamped the H1b , then do i need to file renewal for AP and EAD? what you suggest?

If it is not urgent then do not go for a change.

If you are not going to use AP and EAD then dont file it , but there is no harm in going for these, I also thought in the same way and we (me and my wife) did not filed AP and EAD now I have already got my plastic card and she did not get any thing. Now she does not have vaild H4 nor EAD, so apply it and forget it, if it comes then keep it otherwise if you are lucky enogh you will get GC.

Good Luck.