wac01-264 transfered to sf

technote1

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, it has been a long time. I lost my password for my original name"technote". .... Well finally I got something to share with you, and I truely hope none of you have to go through the ordeal I am going through now.

RD Jun 2001
ND Aug 2001
FP Dec 2001
RFE Apr 2002, received Jun 2002, both me and spouse
RFE Sept 2002, received Nov 2002, spouse only
Mar 4th, 2003, transfer

so, I don't know what I should say, keep hoping or what? I wish all the 01 guys get your approval smoothly!

Silly man, I remember in one of your post you was worried about interview, well It happened to me now, hopeful it won't happen to you. I hope INS had enough fun with my case, and will let you guys go easier.

Any suggestion or information will be highly appreciated.

Man, that is tough for you. Anyway, the good thing is they are
still working on your case - sometimes you have to think
positively. Could you please let us know what those RFEs about?

Good luck at interview!

technote,

I don't want to discourage you but that fact remains the same, your case is scre**d like my wife's case. Still you can hope but I would say keep this thing in mind that you won't be getting GC for another 8 months. Just forget that you have ever filed I-485 atleast for another six months.
I know it is very hard, you plan number of things and this INS shit scre**d your plans and on top of that you can not do anything about it.
I can say good luck but I know this won't help.we also had lots of good luck but nope INS does not understand these.
The only thing I can say I have sympathy with you and I can bitch about INS.

Thanks for the support!!

Vipsha, do you have any idea if I could push for a ealier interview date? Senator? Congressman? do you think they will help? Also, shall I expect a FP notice again?

Sival, I am the primary appicant, 1st RFE was company and my tax document for me, and notory of name for spouse (a english name was added on top of original name). 2nd RFE was medical for spouse. I don't think there is any sense when they request stuff from you. I never changed job, or address.

For all the others, please share your experience and information, your help will make the ordeal a little easier.

I would say wait for atleast two months after that you can ask your lawyer to contact SFO INS by email/mail/fax whatever he thinks is right to do. But don't play senator card at this time save it for future. I can understand your pain I have been gone through it and still it is not over.
One thing you can try but you need time for that, just go to SFO INS and ask them the status personally, there is no harm in it. It might be possible that they will start rolling your file.

If you are in SJ, the wait is for 3 months

Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong but SJ interview wait is 3 months.

Vipsha,

Please pardon me if I sound too naive, why do you think it's too early to seek help from senator at this moment? what could be worse from your point of view? Have you try it for your wife's case? Also I wonder if you know the phone# or fax or email of SF INS? Can we check the status like what we have done for csc, instead of going to the office in person?

Does any of you know if the interview is scheduled by transfer date or notice date of I-485?

Thanks in advance for input!

If you will seek help of senator at this point and lets say he contact INS most probably he will get reply saying that "we have just receive his application and we will start working ASAP". But if you wait for a while (two months) and then contact senator in that case INS may not be having any excuse say NO. Nothing worse will happen the only thing you will loose your senator card. I did not tried senator for my wife's case due to number of reasons. No you can not check the status (As far as I know) as we used to do in CSC, I am not aware of any phone number the number they give is INS national service center and from there you get nothing. It is better to go personally and ask them, What the hell you are doing ?
What I have learnt is interview date is scheduled on LILO (last in last out) bases. Local INS does not see ND/RD all they see when they receive your file from CSC. And case transfer does not mean that your physical file has been transferred to local INS, that's why I am suggesting to go personally and ask them about your case.

Sorry I missed your question about FP, so answer is most probably yes, even if you get interview notice you need to do FP. Officer might ask you to do FP at the time of interview also. It happend with my wife.

At last I have to say "Good Luck"

Last edited by a moderator:
Vipsha,

Greatly appreciated your valuable advice. Thanks for your good wishes, also hope to hear the good news for your wife's case.

Hi, I also had an interview in SFO but am still waiting for the approval. My case was transferred to SFO in 7/2002 and went for the interview in 11/2002. I was also worried if I had to wait for months for the interview. But 4 months wasn't too bad consider I have been waiting for more than 42 months for my GC. I don't know if I am the olderst wac01. :-(

BTW, I just joined this forum and found all the positive supports very helpful. Thanks to you all.

stillhere,

Did you get the approval after interview or still waiting for your approval letter. Did you do anything like fax or called IIO for your status ?

vipsha,

Nope, I'm still waiting for the approval (hopefully). I haven't done any fax. BTW, what's IIO? thanks.

-stillhere

IMMIGRATION INFORMATION OFFICER
In actual it is
Idiot Immigration officer
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi stillhere,

Did you have your 2nd finger print done before or after the transfer? My finger print will be expire soon, I wonder if there is any way I could get at least a finger print notice sooner. Also, what is your notice date of you I-485?
Thanks in advance for your input.

I had my 2nd fingerprints taken before th interview. The reason I had to take it again was because they lost my first fingerprints. I don't know how long the fingerprints are good for. You may want to check with your lawyer if you have one. My notice date is 3/2001, btw. Good luck to you.