wac 02 138 - east2west approved

east2west

Registered Users (C)
Received the email notification that our (self + spouse) 485-s are approved. It took 34 months !
A big THANK YOU to Rajiv for all his efforts and this forum.

And many many thanks to all the participants here who posted valuable tips - logging in here made the long wait slightly less unbearable. And volunteers like Kashmir, 140_takes_forever, rk4gc, sillyman ... - a special appreciation to your contributions.

History
-------
PD - 04/2001
RIR EB2 - June, 2001

I-140 : ND Sept 2001, AD Dec 2001

I-485 : ND March 2002
FP1 : June 2002
FP2 12/29/2004 (FBI returned results same day).
AD : 12/18/2005. (Waiting for the printed notice)
Applied for EAD twice but never used them. Never applied for AP. Currently in H1B 7th year extension - stayed with the same employer.

Good wishes to all the long time waiters (and also recent ones) - you are almost there.

Congratulations! A long wait indeed.
Why did you apply for H1 extension if you have your EAD? The reason is that I am nearing my 6 year H1 limit and I was wondering if I should go on EAD or apply for 7th year? What's your (and all other gurus) opinion?

Thanks for all your congratulatory messages.

hate140delay - I had kept EAD as a standby (in case I got laid off would have used it) just as an extra caution - if I-485 got denied (and thus EAD gets invalidd) I could still fall back on H1B so that I would have some time at least to pack up and sell off stuff. Though the chances of 485 denial are remote, I did not want to take any chance with USCIS.
Good luck.