WAC 02-050-5xxx transferred to SF for interview

rleyrl

Registered Users (C)
Just heard the message on the AVM. Looks like I am doomed from what I have read on this forum regarding interviews scheduled at the SF office. Any idea how a long wait it might be?

There's only one guy doing all the interviews

I good friend of mine got this from the SF INS. He's been
waiting nearly a year for interview.

More background on my case

My RD 11/23
ND 11/27
EB2 (India)

I think here's why I believe my case has been transferred:
In 1998 I was briefly married to a US citizen, and he started the process of sponsoring me for a green card. Unfortunatley the marriage did not work out and he withdrew his application to sponsor me.
I had completed my masters in 1997 and was working on my OPT and then H1 during this time. The INS did not realize this and thought that because my I485 applcation was withdrawn that I was out of status and placed me in removal proceedings. I hired a lawyer and we filed a motion to appeal the case and the INS cleared me from the removal proceedings, recognizing that I had never gone out of status all along. This event took place in Washington state.
My guess is that the INS in california is now questioning this whole issue all over again and hence the need for an interview.
Any thoughts on what I should do? I have already sent my lawyer an email telling them about this just now.