WAC-02-042-xxxxx approved on Oct 30

dom

Registered Users (C)
This is my turn to let you all know that my wife's and mine I485s were approved yesterday, Oct 30. All credit goes to God and some wonderful people who helped me through the process. The approval information was available on-line today morning.

The details of my case are:
WAC-02-042-xxxxx
EB3-RIR/San Jose
MD: 10/21/01
RD: 10/22/01
ND: 11/19/01
never applied for AP (traveled overseas for business on H1)
iEAD: 02/08/02
EAD: 04/02/02
FP:
- received notice on 3/26/02
- did FP on 4/05/02
- scheduled for FP on 4/30/02
Sometime in June, the AVM was updated with a message that stated that FP were received on 04/12 and that processing was resumed.
RFE:
- issued on 8/13
- INS asked for the payment stubs, employment letter, and they wanted to know if there was any period of time when I was not working and if yes, how I paid my bills.
- response to RFE sent on 9/17
- the case status was never updated, till today morning

Because my company was acquired in 1/02, my new lawyer had to explain in RFE the acquisition process. She prefered doing i140 ammendment rather than using AC21 rule.

I have a funny story to tell that shows that INS is pretty confused internally as well. I called them up on Tuesday, Oct 29, to see if there was anything that could be done to find my RFE response and update the case status. I was advised to fax an inquiry, which I did yesterday, Wed, Oct 30. The same day, in the evening a very nice guy called me back and told me that there was no trace of my RFE response in the system and that my lawyer should resend it asap, before the deadline, 11/5. I called my lawyer first thing in the morning and ask her to do it. Then I checked the on-line status, just for the heck of it. To my surprise, I found out that the case was approved yesterday.

Anyway, good luck to all of you guys waiting for the approval. My story shows that INS is very hard to understand and/or predict, but things are still happening which is the most important. Just don't get discouraged.

Thanks a lot to everybody who keeps this forum going. You guys are doing a really awesome job. This forum really helps us to realize that we are not going through this ordeal alone, but there are others in a similar situation. Keep up the good work.

good luck to all of you waiting,

- Dom

Last edited by a moderator:
Arun,

I140 ammendment was filed as part of RFE. I would imagine it was approved as a part of RFE response review process.

- Dom