ksivak6

Registered Users (C)
PD: January 12th, 2001
RD: November 7th, 2001
WAC-02-033-5XXXX
San Jose
No RFE

Friends,

Finally I received the courtesy copy of approval notices from INS for me, my wife and my son.

I want to share my experience with IIO that may help at least some of us who is waiting so long for approval.

Till two weeks back I was in the same frustrating mood of most of our friends, Checking AVM ( bored about hearing of 999 ... days message ) and silently reading forum messages etc. Out of frustration on September 4th I called IIO, waited 2 hours to get connected and then finally one officer came online. I should call him as my life saver. He politely asked what can I do for you, sir. I asked the routine question "I want to know the status of my I-485 status".

As usual he took my WAC number and kept me on hold. After 5 minutes of waiting he informed me that my case ( or fingerprints ) not "scanned" ( I don't know what it means in their terms) till now and he promised he is going to transfer my case to different department. He apologized for the inconvenience.

Miraculously after one week my AVM updated with fingerprints received on so and so date message and after another one week I got notice of approval.

The IIO officer who handled my phone call did something and wiped of my frustration and other problems. So definitely he is my life saver. Hoping you are going to get one of such life saver when you call IIO.

Best of luck

-ksivak6

What time frame you called?

ksivak6,

Can you tell me what time frame you called up IIO? I called twice before, both of them were on Monday between 7:00AM to 7:30AM. Sounds like a same guy. not much helpful. He kept saying the JIT report hasn't move to my ND yet and asked me to wait.
BTW, my I485 is WAC-01-294-5XXXX, still pending and AVM never updated, still 975-999 days.