Wac-02-001-***** Approved !!!

I485Everlasting

Registered Users (C)
Just checked the online msg..its approved... :)
Wife's still pending.
Started GC process Oct'00. Filed I-485 on Sep'2001 and Receipt Date Oct'01.
Did not change company or changed address.

Right now I am kinda astonished and surprised to see the approval, still can't believe it, have to see the paper approval or call the customer service center.

My case has been passed due and beyond their published processing date for a long time. On Oct 11,2002 according to their published processing date they were processing cases that were filed on my receipt date. I have so many stories related to I485, some of my favorites are on Nov 2002 when I called customer service which was at that time (949)831 ..number and very very hard to get thru the phone system, they told me my case will be adjudicated within two months. Needless to say that never happened. I have forgotten how many times I did case status inquiry and heard "you will hear with in 30 days" , nothing happened either. Recently, when I was talking to them they told me they will transfer me to an "Immigration officer", so after some delay when I get to talk to her, I asked her if she is an immigration officer. She told me she is an immigration information officer and not an immigration officer. Then she told me deportation officers are the immigration officers( do I want to talk to one of them??) ..several times I have been the victim of their rough attitude..case status inquiry became a never ending black hole..I have sent letters to the personal attention of the director..contacted senator, congressman..sent bunch of faxes to INS/BCIS/USCIS..

I truely belive I have lost a quality amount of productivity due to this
I-485 process. The amount of anxiety created by the idea of keeping the job under same or similar job classification in addition to employer's attempts to take 100% advantage of my situation, and their paid lawyers who repeatedly organized corporate seminars pointing not to switch job under AC21(..saying its a memo not a law..) ..all these things became a solid nightmare...felt like the old man as in the novel "The old man and the Sea"..always hoping for tomorrow.

I have been a silent visitor to this forum and other forums..I like to thank all the moderators, volunteers, Mr. Rajiv for his effort and all other high and low profile members who had been the source of hope and inspiration in this journey that seemed to be everlasting. For those who are still waiting I sincerely hope yours will be approved soon!

Congrats!!!

Congrats!!! You deserve it.

Did you find any reasons for this delay? E.g., you are from a country that's prone to name check.

Everlasting. A big Congrats. I guess your screen name really played out huh :D

I remember your postings and the days when Pcee, Niladri, Sillyman used to be active moderators. I guess those (2001-2003) were the most trying since there were hardly any approvals. being a victim of this delay (my case was Jan 02, got approved just 2 days ago) i see how releived u must have been.

good luck and god bless

What a thrilling good news! I can't imagine how you made it going through such a journey.

Congratulations and good luck for your wife's approval!!

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom !

Finding out that the case has been approved on Fiday/Saturday always makes it a special weekend. You deserve it after what you've gone through.

-wac02098

I485Everlasting said:
I-485 process. The amount of anxiety created by the idea of keeping the job under same or similar job classification in addition to employer's attempts to take 100% advantage of my situation, and their paid lawyers who repeatedly organized corporate seminars pointing not to switch job under AC21(..saying its a memo not a law..) ..all these things became a solid nightmare...felt like the old man as in the novel "The old man and the Sea"..always hoping for tomorrow.

Totally agree with you. I am sure lots of applicants went through this nightmere, and lost their productivity. Cannot forget anxiety when annual bugdet was being planned. I am not sure when will I (or we) will be able to work at our full potential.
Congratulations,

Congratulations !!

I strongly believe that U.S.Government's immigration policy in 2003 and such a discrimination are unconstitutional.
Please join Project Ocean.

Anyawy, enjoy your freedom,
-kashmir

I485Everlasting said:
Just checked the online msg..its approved... :)
Wife's still pending.
Started GC process Oct'00. Filed I-485 on Sep'2001 and Receipt Date Oct'01.
Did not change company or changed address.

Right now I am kinda astonished and surprised to see the approval, still can't believe it, have to see the paper approval or call the customer service center.

My case has been passed due and beyond their published processing date for a long time. On Oct 11,2002 according to their published processing date they were processing cases that were filed on my receipt date. I have so many stories related to I485, some of my favorites are on Nov 2002 when I called customer service which was at that time (949)831 ..number and very very hard to get thru the phone system, they told me my case will be adjudicated within two months. Needless to say that never happened. I have forgotten how many times I did case status inquiry and heard "you will hear with in 30 days" , nothing happened either. Recently, when I was talking to them they told me they will transfer me to an "Immigration officer", so after some delay when I get to talk to her, I asked her if she is an immigration officer. She told me she is an immigration information officer and not an immigration officer. Then she told me deportation officers are the immigration officers( do I want to talk to one of them??) ..several times I have been the victim of their rough attitude..case status inquiry became a never ending black hole..I have sent letters to the personal attention of the director..contacted senator, congressman..sent bunch of faxes to INS/BCIS/USCIS..

I have been a silent visitor to this forum and other forums..I like to thank all the moderators, volunteers, Mr. Rajiv for his effort and all other high and low profile members who had been the source of hope and inspiration in this journey that seemed to be everlasting. For those who are still waiting I sincerely hope yours will be approved soon!

Congrats finally on the freedom dude......

Did your wife get the approval yet? i am in the same boat mine got approved but waiting for wife's approval.

Thanks in advance
octFiler.

I am still in the deep hole you were in before...

I am 02-046, Nov. 2001 case. I agree with every single word you said here. I tried about every route you mentioned. My case is at name check so it could take even longer to approve.

ImmigrateMe