W2 requirements and Canadian Immigration

GreenCard05

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I got a medical letter for my Canadian Immigration. I got another letter along with asking for W2s from Year 2000 to 2004 (both Inclusive). My situation is as follows.

I don't have W2 for Year 2000 as i came from India in late Nov 2000 so company did'nt run the pay roll as i was on bench (I don't know how to explain this to Canadian Immigartion Authorities. I think my SSN came after a month)

W2s for Year 2001, 2002 and 2003 have less salary than on LCA. Actually 2002 is way way less (I think about 10K) because the consulting compnaies i was working for had no projects so they didn't pay me.

W2 for Y 2004 is fine and shows more salary than LCA

W2 for Year 2005 will be fine also. They have asked for the pay stubs also for Year 2005 so i am fine here.

My question is that if i send them all the W2s won't they ask for the further explaination or is this just to see if i was wqorking for those companies.

Did anybody on this forum got this type of querry. I am going for Medicals with my family on 10th anyway.

Quick response is raelly appreciated.

Hi GreenCard05,

Can you please post your timeline.

How many points do you have based on self assessment? Did you work in India before coming to US? Have you provided proof of this work experience? The point I am getting at is that if they dont count your work experience in US say for the year 2002 where you have got a low salary do you still have the required points.

Generally they ask you to provide W2 just to make sure that you did work for the company you have claimed on the immigration forms. If your points are on the borderline they may even see how much you earned every year. So a W2 with only $10K may raise a red flag because it is obvious that you did not work throughout the year.

But there is nothing to worry about. Buffalo handles a lot of cases like yours and know about the way the consultants work. I suggest that you send all your W2's. Tell them that as you came to US in Nov 2000 and did not get a project immediately therefore you did not earn anything in 2000, so no W2.

Dear Kenny

Thanks for your response. I discussed this with my lawyer also and he said the same thing to submit the W2s. At the most he said if they arise any question about the low salary req then we can explain the situation at that time and tell them that i have been geeting USCIS approvals, extentions along the way. Moreover my consulting company was paying me in alternative ways like paying my full family medical, Apartment Rent etc but i can not prove that now.

I have around 8 years of IT experience. I submitted experice letters for total of about 4 years (I worked in lot of companies but could not get experience letters from them but i got appoint letters plus I797 approvals). My Indian experience is about 4 years.
I scored 8 in IELTS and have relatives in Canada also, My wife has uncle also in Canada. Our score was much about 67 when we submitted our app in sep 2004.

What do you think.

I would also submit several PAYSTUBS for the "low W-2 years" that show high hourly rate/salary at the time when you were paid, along with explanation of unpaid "bench" between the projects.
Paystubs also will show other benefits (medicals insurance, etc) paid as part of your salary.