W2 Issue - Urgent Help!!

k12ven

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We are in the process filing Tax return for 2004. Our I 485 employment based (under 245i) is pending at New York Local office for interview. Our Green Card case is filed through my Husband's employer. My husband has W2 for 8 months and 1099 for a month so total of 9 months he worked last year. I also work and I do have W2 for the whole year of 2004. We are worried about if there could be any problem at the time of interview if they find out that he had worked only 9 months not full year. He is still with the same company. Do they(INS) ask for W2 at the interview?

Thanks in advance for any help.

hi k12ven,

They may or may not ask for w2. It depends upon the officer. Most of the time, they ask for it.

But in W2, they may not know for how many months you worked. it would be better to say take some type of leave permission granted by company and also a combination of training.

Present this only if they ask for it......

comming to 1099, that i am not sure.

Comming to your w2, as your husband is the primary applicant, your w2 is not much help.....

k12ven:
First of all when its 245i they dont care about the tax returns cause if you are out of status or no job for some time all this considered in this clause, I felt this at my interview at Cherry Hill INS on April 12th. Interview officer didn't even look in to it. They are more interested in finding you are the same person who applied for GC like checking birth certificates. So dont worry about this.I am sure that you won't face any problem at interview.
wish you goodluck.
savichin..

k12ven said:
Hi,

We are in the process filing Tax return for 2004. Our I 485 employment based (under 245i) is pending at New York Local office for interview. Our Green Card case is filed through my Husband's employer. My husband has W2 for 8 months and 1099 for a month so total of 9 months he worked last year. I also work and I do have W2 for the whole year of 2004. We are worried about if there could be any problem at the time of interview if they find out that he had worked only 9 months not full year. He is still with the same company. Do they(INS) ask for W2 at the interview?

Thanks in advance for any help.