VWP - what happens if denied entry?

Barbarabara

Has anyone been denied entry on the VWP entering the USA from UK at JFK? Are you put on the first flight home or is it possible to plead your case and prove your valid reasons for being in the USA with a higher authority than the customs official who first denied you entry?

I think i have allmost faced a deportation after arriving on the VWP from the EU to the JFK airport. I was given my passport in an orange folder and then i have been sent to wait in the "room" where all the others mexicans, ukrainians, polish, russians and some other "irregular" nationals with "problems" were sitting there, waiting.

After about 45 minutes, it was finally my turn. The CBP officer there asked me the same questions; but it seemed to be in a better mood and nicer than the one i got at the booth. So , my discussion with him lasted for just a few minutes , he even seemed to be surprised to see me here , i got my passport stamped and i have continued my journey to new york city and resumed my short business visit of 3 days, then i have flew back to Europe.

Due to my business, i have entered the country on WVP for more than 15 times in the past two years. One of my longest stays was for about 2 months. (Besides of my business meetings, i just like and enjoy hanging out in new york.)

From what i have heard, on WVP your total stay duration in the US must not exceed 6 months, within a period of the last 12 months. (that is to be precised/ confirmed by someone that knows about it? .. hey an y cbp's around here? :p

Also, if you are unfortunate enough to come to be deported on VWP, there is no possibility to plead your case nor see a lawyer. Ive even heard that you won't be given any "reason" for your deportation.You are totally illegible to take any actions, don't even think of saying "let me give a call to my lawyer" or something like that , because they won't let you even do that, nor let you give a call to your relatives nor anything...

You must remain calm, deal with the CBP's politely, just assume and accept it. That is an advice for not agravating your case, just in case for the future if you would want to make an attempt for applying for another class of visa, other than VWP. Your case will be examinated on an interview at the US embassy in the country you are citizen or resident of.

And yes you can be sent back straight away by the same plane you came with.

I have to fly to new york again on this weekend, and i really fear to face such a situation. I have never counted how many days i have spent exactly in the US on the VWP, but it was quite a lot :( If i ever gonna loose the "access" to the US , i will be extremely annoyed and upset.

"c'est la vie"