vvvunlucky and others

st1976

Registered Users (C)
Please quit calling NSC every week, I don’t how would it help you? Sooner or later NSC might quit giving any information. And please do not post where you request every one to pray for you. This is not forum to vent out your frustration every other day. This is a forum where people expect to exchange information.

I agree there are few who have been very lucky and others have been very unlucky.

Why not call NSC? They are screwing our lives up, we should be screwing theirs! Call NSC, ask stupid questions again and again (hey, what's my status, buddy? Not approved? That's strange. I called two hours ago and it was assigned to the officer!). Give a rep your are talking two a high risk of a stroke.

Let's build a list of stupid questions (like, 20-30) to drive reps mad. Those who have time to call them few times daily can put their two cents into BIG PAYBACK asking all the questions from the list.

:)

Sorry st1976.

For your post.

First of all I want you to let you know that this is the forum every one sharing their knowledge, experiences, happyness and frustations too. I see lot of people talking about different stuff and I never talked about any thing other than NSC or GC stuff.

Yes, I showed my frustation about NSC/USCIS and their processes and posted some conversations so that people will know what's going on some of the cases.

If no one is frustated why this September 18th Rally is for? If no one is frustated why people sent flowers in July?

If you see my previous emails, I replied to few and posted some new threads to share or encourage old timers, or to get some ideas or with answers where I can. I never remembered asking anyone to pray for me (May be in the recent posts?).

Anyway, sorry I don't need to give explanations to you. I feel I am also sharing some knowledge, trying to help others, or gaining without wasting my time or any one's time.

Another quick thing, I call NSC every day (actualy calling once every week) and fight for my case. If they get frustated they deny my case and not yours.

Please quit calling NSC every week, I don’t how would it help you? Sooner or later NSC might quit giving any information. And please do not post where you request every one to pray for you. This is not forum to vent out your frustration every other day. This is a forum where people expect to exchange information.

I agree there are few who have been very lucky and others have been very unlucky.

I believe its one's undeniable right to fight for one's own case, especially when extracting information from USCIS is like surfing in a big black hole. You have to be in other people's shoes to understand their frustrations and not everyone has the money to go through a lawyer to fight their case delays...

st1976 as it is the right of everyone to call for their information , it is your right to request ( note the request part ) that they do or not do. You absolutely have no right to ask people what to do and what not to do. Please note people act based on their own personal situations and no one has the right to judge them by their own personal standards.
I know where you are coming from and this post was not meant to hurt anyones feelings.

Call but use good judgement

I partly agree with st1976 but below is actual example how things happen at USCIS...

My AP was pending for 4.5 months, kept patiently waiting, though based on trackitt, service center processing times and some of my other colleagues my AP was long due. Finally contacted the lawyer, opened SR request another couple of weeks went still nothing.
Finally started calling 1-800 number trying to talk to someone at NSC. As luck would have it couple of times it went to the wrong IO who just didn't want to help. Last week finally got a good IO, and to my surprise she told me your application was approved 2 months ago somehow someone forgot to give it for order processing [apparently the approved email is seen only when the ordering processing request is given]!!!
So lesson here is do what you can to follow up since it could be something so trivial that needs to be done to process the case.

But the on the other hand I also feel that once you are satisfied to the point you know that you are at a particular stage there is no point calling every week. The reason why I say this is that to be fair imagine if everyone called everyday after a point no one will get any meaningful response...

There is already a change happening at NSC, the responses are becoming less and less useful and there is reason for this. Same is happening when people use to write to senator, congress person, or even FL things would be noticed now if you see every person seems to do this.

Same is for people filing WOM cases some people genuinely are stuck and as last resort use it but now you find many quickly resorting to this option and net effect is that there are more lawsuits being lost than won.

Anyway in conclusion I guess everyone has a right to follow up no question about that but my personal opinion is that use your judgment since what you do may or may not help you but is more than likely to impact others

-ksb

Call but use good judgement

I partly agree with st1976 but below is actual example how things happen at USCIS...

My AP was pending for 4.5 months, kept patiently waiting, though based on trackitt, service center processing times and some of my other colleagues my AP was long due. Finally contacted the lawyer, opened SR request another couple of weeks went still nothing.
Finally started calling 1-800 number trying to talk to someone at NSC. As luck would have it couple of times it went to the wrong IO who just didn't want to help. Last week finally got a good IO, and to my surprise she told me your application was approved 2 months ago somehow someone forgot to give it for order processing [apparently the approved email is seen only when the ordering processing request is given]!!!
So lesson here is do what you can to follow up since it could be something so trivial that needs to be done to process the case.

But the on the other hand I also feel that once you are satisfied to the point you know that you are at a particular stage there is no point calling every week. The reason why I say this is that to be fair imagine if everyone called everyday after a point no one will get any meaningful response...

There is already a change happening at NSC, the responses are becoming less and less useful and there is reason for this. Same is happening when people use to write to senator, congress person, or even FL things would be noticed now if you see every person seems to do this.

Same is for people filing WOM cases some people genuinely are stuck and as last resort use it but now you find many quickly resorting to this option and net effect is that there are more lawsuits being lost than won.

Anyway in conclusion I guess everyone has a right to follow up no question about that but my personal opinion is that use your judgment since what you do may or may not help you but is more than likely to impact others

-ksb

I can understand the feelings, I have gone through similar situation, where some one applied for GC from my company on the same day as mine, got his GC one year before mine got approved. Other colleague of mine got GC approved in 92 days. She had applied one year after I had applied for GC

My spouse employer did not apply for the green card for more than three years. It was fortune 500 company.
I had to find a job where the employer was willing to file for Green Card and we got it after long time. I would say exactly eight years and one hour after we landed in USA.

I have friends who came to USA before me, got their GC process started before me, but they still have not their Green Card.

Does the whole situation make me frustrated? Yes, definitely.

My point is, there is more than GC in life.

I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings and I am not going to be sorry about my earlier post.

Last edited by a moderator:
st1976,

I am not in a similar sitaution like you. I have seen 1000's of cases approved before me. Not only one or two. Those who applied along with me/after me (Almost every one I know) all got green cards in 2005 except me.

I was very patient till June 2007 and never called NSC, waited till the end of June 2007. I used to read this forum before but only registered in July 2007 after seen many cases similar to mine.

Within the last two months most of them are out this forum (got approved) whose cases I tried to follow up except few. So the reason of having a separate thread for old timers.

I called NSC for certain reasons:

-- Called first time in June last week to open SR.
-- Came through POJ in July 2007 and found out about Extended Review.
-- Called 2-3 times to find out about Extended Review and posted couple of respinses in this forum as this pretty new for many.
-- My self and spouse called 2-3 times for spouse's FP as expired not received along with primary in July 2007.
-- Recently called twice as per NSC IO's responses in August and asked about EAD status also (one said call back if you don't hear by September 1st another said call back if you don't hear by September 1st week)

Finally I called no. of times (around 10 times) in the last 3 months to find about my case status. Otherwise who else will find out?

I agree there is more than in life than GC. So I didn't worry for about 8 years. Now I started this process 6 years back so trying to follow up especially after seeing some cases where they haven't got any responses (even for Denial cases). Trying to follow up with my attorney also and submitted AILA enquiry for morethan a month now. Not heard any response.

Anyway, every case is different and every one tries to approach differently.

My point is, there is more than GC in life.

We are not at all comparing our life with GC....but getting frustration is natural in humans life.... that too in life's one of the main event....

And please do not post where you request every one to pray for you.

Everyone has their own beliefs.... We can not restrict someone to bound with our beliefs....

This is not forum to vent out your frustration every other day. This is a forum where people expect to exchange information.

Also this site is for sharing all frustration, happiness and more over immigration stuff.... I believe vvvunlucky is active user in this forum and let him express his/her feelings....

Please quit calling NSC every week, I don’t how would it help you?

ksb007's response is the answer for this....

As long as NSC gives us consistent response, no need of calling them again and again.... I particularily myself called several times in recent months... believe me.... no second time I got the same response.....

If their response is not consistent, why shouldn't I call them until I get correct response....

I understand the frustraion but I don't understand some of the thinking that goes behind the actions.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here... but your post alone didn't fit into your pre-defined purpose of this forum... kinda catch 22.. :p

Relax... my friend. :cool:

Its fine if you dont understand

st1976, it is perfectly fine if you dont understand some of hte thinking that goes behind the actions. In one of your statements you said you are frustrated because some of your friends did not get their GC's though they started before your process began. If you are frustrated for your friends then dont you think that one will be frustrated for their own case. Your frustration made you count you got your GC after 8 years and 1 hour after you landed in US. There are many folks in this forum and country who still did not get their GC who landed in this country more than 8 years and 1 hour ago. If some ones posting doesnt interest you, then dont read them. IF you happen to read them dont reply to them. This clearly shows that you can only understand your friends pain but not everyone's in general.

And finally you dont have any right to ask member from stop writting as long as it is not illegal, immoral & abusive in nature. Not feeling sorry despite hurting some one's feeling who is already hurt very much shows your stubborn nature. Anyway, nothing personal. For some there is life other than GC and for some GC is life. Every one's situation is different so please dont be rude to them.

I understand the frustraion but I don't understand some of the thinking that goes behind the actions.

my 2 cents

weeks ago I posted a similar message to st1976.
I was responding to a guy who keep calling NSC not every week, but few times every day, I asked him why he did that?
He said he liked it, and do I have any problem with it? I said yes, if you start abusing the NSC system, then NSC will in turn start to abuse the rest of the applicants. So yes, it is your rights and business to call and follow up your case, but i, and many other applicants will be the victim of your abusing the system.
It is hitting back on us now, for two weeks, I have consisently being told by IO that no more status checking.
My purpose is not to choose my sides on this debate, but to second KSB's comment that "use your judgement" as to how often to check your status. Being a tax payer did not mean that you can use the system irresponsibly.
And lastly, I am a EB2 2002 filer, still waiting.