vsc1973, what was the DOB RFE u rxed

cwait

Registered Users (C)
I rxed an Emp letter RFE but I am concerned about my DOB as I did not submit the DOB Certificate when I applied, I gave only affidavits, can you please let me know - thanks

No Title

toKnow,
        If you used affadavits then you\'re good

No Title

vsc1973, i am toKnow on the other m/c then why did u get rfe on dob, didnt u give any evidence of ur birth cert.?

No Title

Hi VSC1973 ....

I would like to make a correction here . The affifivates are not always sufficient. (At least in my case )
I had to submit the affidivate or on a municipal corporation letterhead that a search for out DOB certificate was made but could not be found.
But the VSC said (in the RFE) that in lieu of this; we had to subit CERTIFIED copy of all pages in the passport , including blank pages.

Hope this help...

No Title

PrinceOfPersia,
               You\'re right ! By Affadavit I meant either on Muncipal
Corporation letter head or from a district Magistrate ( as in my case ).
to answer ToKnow\'s question , I couldn\'t submit my DOB as I didn\'t have one. So we got an affadavit from the Metropolitan District Magistrate.
Hope I could answeer both questions

No Title

When you submit Affidavits, you also need to submit a NON-AVAILABILITY of DOB(in a form of letter) from the Municipality.

No Title

so it means I have a pretty good chance of rxing another rfe, ok we just have to wait and see, I have the DOB cert issued on our name, so need to hope for the best, thanks all.

No Title

vsc1973, i am sorry at being so persistent, but I still do not understand why u got rfe for dob, when did u submit the Magesterial ....
and before that what did u supply, did u give only affidavits, thanks !!

No Title

CWait,
      I filed for my I-485 in Dec 1999. At that time I wasn\'t sure how long the priority dates would remain current. I did not have DOB certificate either. So I just filed for my 485 w/o that. Then on my next trip to India, I got an Affadavit from the Magistrate. Now when INS sent an RFE I sent in the Affadavit.