VSC vs CSC vs TSC vs CP (VSC made me depressed)

No Title

tks aqua am hoping that pd\'s move faster in 2001 and my case gets on processing once the pd\'s for india reach sep 97 for eb3, now is the time when on hind sight having 20/20 vision i think that i should not have waited for about 3 yrs. before filing for it..., but hey again hind-sight is always 20-20 if only we could get this vision for ins trends for 2001...
cheers guys....

No Title

The best situation is when PD becomes current just before the case is taken up for adjudication. So, by the time it reaches the adjudication officer, it is already current and an IV can be issued right away after approval. I saw one such case (user id vrush). Her PD was some time in early Feb and it got current just before VSC started looking at aug99 cases. Unfortunately, she got an \'intent to deny\', which was nothing serious and her approval got delayed by maybe a month.

No Title

Hanuman as much i would like to believe the earlier (only ND matters not PD) it might not be so, i had spoken to an IIO some time back and she took some time in explaining the situation to me, by looking up my PD on her own and saying that as it is not yet current i would need to keep watching the dates monthly, lets hope and pray s2045 kicks in and moves it in leaps and bounds.

No Title

AquaLung, It sounds good to me. Can you tell us more about IVs? Where can I get IV info?

Also, PD and visa numbers are directly related. IF IVs gives more visa number then all PD becomes current. "IV can\'t be allocated unless the PD is current" - I don\'t get it.

"To convert from AoS to CP, one needs to file I 824" - I strongly disagree with you. AOS - I485, CP - I824. not to convert each other.

"At the time of I 140 one must have to opt for CP" - my lawer\'s verion.

No Title

Hi klm,

IV (immigrant Visa) is the technical term for a green card. unlike the visa associated with H1, B1 or F1 which are non-immigrant visas.

If you look up the visa bulletin that is published by the state dept. and contains the priority dates, it defines priority date as the date beyond which an immigrant visa is not available. This is why people say your priority date has to be current (before the cutoff date) for you to get your green card i.e. IV.

Apparently, I824 is used for a variety of purposes but one of the well known purpose is to \'initiate a cable\' (State dept. terminology) which will effect a transfer of your immigrant visa petition (I140 for employment cases and I130 for family cases) to national visa center (NVC) in new hampshire. From there your case will be forwarded to the consulate, under whose jurisdiction your place of residence outside usa falls, whenever your PD is current and the consulate is ready to process. Given the distributed nature (of consulates across different cities in different countries), they seem to be faster in issuing your IV. Your choice for specifying AoS or CP is done thru section4 of I140, where you can indicate either AoS (first box) or CP (second box). If you file for CP during I140, your case will be automatically transferred to NVC, but to convert back to AoS you just need to file 485. However, your first choice was AoS and then you decide to file for CP, you need to file I824. I don\'t know why this asymmetric processing, but then I don\'t work for INS nor NVC.

If your lawyer is telling you can\'t file for CP after filing for AoS, he is either not a competent immigration lawyer or he is fooling with you.

For more information, check immihelp.com and imminfo.com. Also, check the message boards on consular processing on this website. Hope this helps.

No Title

Yes this is the best case situation but the question is when will EB3\'s become current for India and China?