VSC->TSC X'Fer cases are in for a long wait

pinnu

Registered Users (C)
The number of cases approved last week clearly indicates that more than 90% of cases approved so far after June 1st are the cases originally filed at TSC and not the X'Fer cases from VSC to TSC. I tried calling TSC using POJ method 4 days back and found a very rude lady on the other side but yesterday I found a very nice lady at TSC and she told me that at the moment they are approving most of the cases originally filed at TSC and my case is a transfer case which is yet to be assigned to an officer. She was kind enough to tell me that my security checks are clear. She was not sure of the timeline when my case will be asigned to an officer.

That means that most of the transfer cases are in for a long wait and by the time the cases will be assigned to an office, the PD's will retrogress or will become unavailable. But on the positive note I guess that most of the approvable transfer cases can expect approval only in the second half of June(?).

EB3 India
PD - June 2002
RD - Sept 2003
FP1 - Oct 2004
VSC -> TSC (March 7, 2007)
BIO (Code 3) - May 4, 2007
I485 Recent LUD's - May 4, 7, 9, 2007
initiated service enquiry - June 1, 2007

The number of cases approved last week clearly indicates that more than 90% of cases approved so far after June 1st are the cases originally filed at TSC and not the X'Fer cases from VSC to TSC. I tried calling TSC using POJ method 4 days back and found a very rude lady on the other side but yesterday I found a very nice lady at TSC and she told me that at the moment they are approving most of the cases originally filed at TSC and my case is a transfer case which is yet to be assigned to an officer. She was kind enough to tell me that my security checks are clear. She was not sure of the timeline when my case will be asigned to an officer.

That means that most of the transfer cases are in for a long wait and by the time the cases will be assigned to an office, the PD's will retrogress or will become unavailable. But on the positive note I guess that most of the approvable transfer cases can expect approval only in the second half of June(?).

EB3 India
PD - June 2002
RD - Sept 2003
FP1 - Oct 2004
VSC -> TSC (March 7, 2007)
BIO (Code 3) - May 4, 2007
I485 Recent LUD's - May 4, 7, 9, 2007
initiated service enquiry - June 1, 2007

I got the same information from TSC some days ago. Yesterday at Infsopass, the lady was rude but she did tell that SC/NC cleared and the case is under review.

So I dont know if the second half of June will favour us. Let's see.

By the way I am EB2, RD July 2003

@#&*(

Oh boy, this really BURNS me up. This is absolutely ridiculous. If its not one thing its another. WHY do we as applicants need to or care where the heck our cases are going to be processed? All we care for, as tax-paying and not to mention fee-paying applicants is that they adjudicate our cases in a timely fashion.
After all the statements put forth that the transfers are part of the bi-specialization program, phase 2, blah blah, and that our customers; read us; should feel no impact of these moves, they still are obviously underprepared for the actual transfer itself. Its almost like the VSC transfer cases are being treated as second class citizens. Its not like we asked for a transfer. Its not like we paid less fees than the original TSC filings.
I ranted about this a few days ago too. Its exactly like going to Starbucks and having your latte take 20 minutes instead of 10 with the explanation that they're obtaining their coffee beans from Guatemala instead of Colombia.
Just plain nuts.

The number of cases approved last week clearly indicates that more than 90% of cases approved so far after June 1st are the cases originally filed at TSC and not the X'Fer cases from VSC to TSC.

Thats so not true... check the approval messages or tracker. Lots of transfer cases got approved. Let us wait for another week of action to see where this is going.

Thats so not true... check the approval messages or tracker. Lots of transfer cases got approved. Let us wait for another week of action to see where this is going.

I just hope that your assumption is correct and we will have more and more approvals for transferred cases next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thats so not true... check the approval messages or tracker. Lots of transfer cases got approved.
Do you have a link to that?

From reading the boards, I see that VSC->TSC approvals do exist, but they are outnumbered by at least 5:1 by the approved cases that were originally at TSC. VSC->TSC cases shouldn't expect anything until July or August.

It seems they are redoing the data entry at TSC, as each service center has its own separate system. They are too inefficient to do the transfers by replicating the data over a single night or weekend. And much of the process is paper-based, so they had to physically move truckloads of files from VSC to TSC and sort through them again after unloading from the trucks. Three months after the transfers, they still haven't sorted through them because they were only paying attention to the cases already at TSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
From reading the boards, I see that VSC->TSC approvals do exist, but they are outnumbered by at least 5:1 by the approved cases that were originally at TSC.

I cannot provide you one link but be it 5:1 or "more than 90%", that is definitely a guess at best. Like I said, wait for another week (or more) to see a clear trend emerging. Moreover, I don't even know how many people from VSC forums moved to this forum so take it with a pinch of salt.

VSC->TSC cases shouldn't expect anything until July or August.

Tell that to the people who got approved! The July/August time frame is even more of a wild guess since none of us can predict this here... how can you assume they can streamline the data transfer by August? Maybe it takes them 6 months to do it? 1 year? Who knows? I just think that since a "lot" of transfer cases got approved infront of me...the same trend will continue over the next few weeks.

In any case lets poll on this. I am going to post a new poll just to figure out the ratio of active members in this forum: original and "refugees" ;)

gb04: I posted a poll to figure out which TSC approvals were originally filed there, and which were transferred from elsewhere. Take a look and let me know if something should be changed.

No FP2,xfer from vsc to tsc, pd current

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case details:

PD - Aug'2002
I-140/485 ND 12/2004
Fp1 - Apr 2005
EAD/AP - applying for 3 rd time
xfer from vsc > tsc - 03/15/2007- no Lud after 03/15/2007
FP2- Not received till today
I-485 - Pending

Not received FP2 notice. took infopass apt at Miami,FL and the Lady IO did not give any info other than saying Pending and refused to send request for FP2 notice.

Called Customer service and opened a service request for FP2 on June. 1st and no reply yet.

I see people calling TSC using POJ method,not sure what is POJ method. Can somebody please explain what is POJ method and what is the number to call. Appreciate your responses.

Tell that to the people who got approved! The July/August time frame is even more of a wild guess since none of us can predict this here... how can you assume they can streamline the data transfer by August? Maybe it takes them 6 months to do it? 1 year? Who knows? I just think that since a "lot" of transfer cases got approved infront of me...the same trend will continue over the next few weeks.
I didn't say anything is going to happen in July or August. I meant that July/August is the earliest that transferred cases can expect to be approved. The few approvals in June are the exceptions, not the rule.

Mine is a VSC to TSC transfer case and I got approved earlier this month.

Your must be EB3 with ND of 2004

I have seen the trend that approved cases are EB3 and from 2004 or later. Havent seen any EB2 with 2003 or earlier

My guess is one should wait at least minimum 60 days after their 2nd FP for I 485 Approval , if you are current with visa dates..

My guess is one should wait at least minimum 60 days after their 2nd FP for I 485 Approval , if you are current with visa dates..

I would say, between 30 and 60 days. I had my FP2 scheduled on May 3, 07 and was approved on June 6, 07.

I would say, between 30 and 60 days. I had my FP2 scheduled on May 3, 07 and was approved on June 6, 07.

I think in addition, original TSC and EB3 (probably thats what they are working on now) are important aspects to take into account.

I have a question:
My case is transferred from VSC to TSC on March 2nd. I received 2FP on May 22nd. Accroding to the message I got before, my security background is already clear (late 2005) and my PD is within the bulletin calendar. ...SO, anybody has any idea when would be able to hear anything from VSC?

p.s. my case updated the date after I did my 2nd FP. ... NO update since then. it's been almost 3 weeks now...

I have a question:
My case is transferred from VSC to TSC on March 2nd. I received 2FP on May 22nd. Accroding to the message I got before, my security background is already clear (late 2005) and my PD is within the bulletin calendar. ...SO, anybody has any idea when would be able to hear anything from VSC?

p.s. my case updated the date after I did my 2nd FP. ... NO update since then. it's been almost 3 weeks now...

If you are sure of your NC being cleared and you are EB3 then you should see your approval pretty soon.

The thing is that my security background was cleared and my PD had been within the posting dates online every since last year (sept 2006)...and nothing happened..

when VSC transferred my case, it said the reason was to "expediate" the process ... why wouldn't TSC finish working on the transfers first? sigh