VSC->TSC : 485 Approved on June 27th, No emails after that

Mohyal,

If I am not wrong. If the case status says' approved' or 'card has been ordered' that means the visa number already has been assigned to those cases. I don't think we need to worry about that.

In my case since USCIS don't have my photo to print on the GC so they didn't order the card. My approval notice clearly says I may have to appear for Biometrcis (Photo/FP/Biometrics) to receive the card. If I don't hear in 90 days then I have to contact USCIS.

In your case I think you should have been received the approval notice by this time. Just to be safe side call USCIS and inquire or open SR.

Mohyal,

If I am not wrong. If the case status says' approved' or 'card has been ordered' that means the visa number already has been assigned to those cases. I don't think we need to worry about that.

In my case since USCIS don't have my photo to print on the GC so they didn't order the card. My approval notice clearly says I may have to appear for Biometrcis (Photo/FP/Biometrics) to receive the card. If I don't hear in 90 days then I have to contact USCIS.

In your case I think you should have been received the approval notice by this time. Just to be safe side call USCIS and inquire or open SR.

Thanks for the suggestion. My 'card ordered' email also stated that 'if we need something we will contact you', so I'm hoping the case will move forward after my FP next week. Was planning on calling USCIS if nothing happens after that too.

By the way, I've heard that opening a SR increases the chance of the case getting transferred to the local office. Do you know if there's any truth in that? If so, one thing I'd surely want to avoid is triggering such a transfer and the additional delays it will cause, and instead wait a few more days to see if the FP makes a difference..

Got Passport stamped

Just to be on the safe side in case USCIS changes its mind on me, I got my passport stamped at the local INS office today. I now have a temporary (1 year) GC :) which is valid for re-entry into this country in case I have to go abroad.

While at the local INS office, I asked the IO what was going on with my card stuff and he asked if I had given my biometrics recently and I said I had given them my biometrics a month late than when I was actually scheduled. The IO suggested I call the 800 number and open an enquiry (service request) and said he would send an email to Texas service center and find out why they haven't ordered my cards.

I see a LUD of today and no msg change. Planning to the call the 800 number tomorrow or Monday.

Congrats

Congragulations on getting the passport stamped, I am going for stamping for wifes passport tomorrow, will keep you guys posted. Will try to get my wife's biometrics taken as well just in case, so that there is no confusion.

email about missing biometrics

Got an email yesterday, mentioning that I had requested for change of address, which I did, and the email says that my case was approved on June 27th ( which it did) and that they are waiting for my biometrics to further process the case ( I guess to order the card). I appeared about a month late for the biometrics, not sure how long it takes for my Local office to send the biometrics to Texas center, any ideas any body ?

Got an email yesterday, mentioning that I had requested for change of address, which I did, and the email says that my case was approved on June 27th ( which it did) and that they are waiting for my biometrics to further process the case ( I guess to order the card). I appeared about a month late for the biometrics, not sure how long it takes for my Local office to send the biometrics to Texas center, any ideas any body ?

Well atleast you got something, in our case it is really strange. I got biometrics notice from USCIS for my wife, it is the same as March 19, 2007 which we have already completed. Called them and they said we don't have her biometrics, called FBI, they sent it the same day. Its such a mess don't know what to do. Called USCIS again was told to wait for 30 days and then call again. What the hell is going on. So frustrating. On the positive note, had an Infopass on FRiday we were able to get the passport stamped with temp I-551 but it is valid for 3 months since the IO was adament that we should receive the card before then.

Today I called TSC. According to IO my biometrics have not been updated in their system. I did my FP code3 on 07/11. Once they receive them they will order the card. I think thats sounds legitimate.

Regarding my spouse case, IO said every thing looks good but some how my spouse case got left behind and there is no Visa has been assigned so the IO said we have to wait till October. But who knows I wouldn't surprise if my spouse case gets approved tomorrow. Its all broken system for legal alieans.

Today I called TSC. According to IO my biometrics have not been updated in their system. I did my FP code3 on 07/11. Once they receive them they will order the card. I think thats sounds legitimate.

Regarding my spouse case, IO said every thing looks good but some how my spouse case got left behind and there is no Visa has been assigned so the IO said we have to wait till October. But who knows I wouldn't surprise if my spouse case gets approved tomorrow. Its all broken system for legal alieans.

Good luck, pacha_card- and thanks again for your earlier inputs.

Just to update my own story- I went for my FP (#3, code 3) on 07/18, and had another 'card production ordered' email -within 30 minutes of the FP- with the difference that the text was changed to "On 07/18 we ordered production of your card"... in place of the earlier date.

This morning, I got an email stating that the AOS was approved and mailed on 07/21, and this afternoon, when I hoped to find the approval notice in the mailbox, actually got the plastic card! Will call TSC in a day or two if my wife's case does not make similar progress. You are right, someday we'll figure out how it all works :)

Finally got the card ordered email last night. I hope I will get to see my card by end of this week, I hope I am not being too optimistic. The lady IOs that I talked to at TSC last week said they did not have my biometrics and that I should go to the office where I gave my biometrics ( in June) and request them to upload the data to TSC. I was planning on going to that office tomorrow and I am happy, now I don't have to go and bug them anymore.

Child Interview after Parent GC?

Odd situation:

Self (primary), and wife's and daughter's (dependent) I-485 applications were filed together in December '04. Got 'Card Ordered' staus followed by plastic card in the mail for self only, few days ago. Wife and daughter got 'Card Ordered' emails over 30 days ago, but no card yet. Also, I did get the email saying 'I-485 approved', but none of us 3 got actual approval notice.

Today I called the 1-800 number enquiring about wife's and daughter's cases. IO agreed to look into daughter's case only as my wife will have to call separately. According to the IO there is some mention of an 'interview' in the system for my (8 year old!) daughter. I was asked my zip code, what's the nearest big city, and was told that a Service Request has been initiated.

Can anyone please tell what could be going on? How helpful is this service request thing?

FP [wife] - June 05, May 07
FP [daughter] - Mar 06 (expired fingerprints?)

Child Interview after Parent GC?

Odd situation:

Self (primary), and wife's and daughter's (dependent) I-485 applications were filed together in December '04. Got 'Card Ordered' staus followed by plastic card in the mail for self only, few days ago. Wife and daughter got 'Card Ordered' emails over 30 days ago, but no card yet. Also, I did get the email saying 'I-485 approved', but none of us 3 got actual approval notice.

Today I called the 1-800 number enquiring about wife's and daughter's cases. IO agreed to look into daughter's case only as my wife will have to call separately. According to the IO there is some mention of an 'interview' in the system for my (8 year old!) daughter. I was asked my zip code, what's the nearest big city, and was told that a Service Request has been initiated.

Can anyone please tell what could be going on? How helpful is this service request thing?

FP [wife] - June 05, May 07
FP [daughter] - Mar 06 (delay due to expired fingerprints?)