VSC RD 9/3/99.. case transferred to Newark,NJ - help!!

VSC 485 gal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My husband and I filed our 485\'s in Aug 99 (RD 9/3/99) EB1 (OR) India.
Last week, we received a notice in the mail from VSC stating that our case has been transferred to Newark,NJ and that they will schedule an interview with us. Am getting worried.. does it mean that there is something wrong? I am seeing other cases where 485 was approved without an interview with similar PDs and RDs. Our FP was done on 9/1/2000.

Thanks in advance

No Title

not to worry. a number of cases have been transferred to newark for interview. the interview wait is approx 6 months. july/aug transfer cases are being interviewed in jan. of course no one knows why the cases are transferred. just wait & hope for the best.

No Title

Just for Discussion. Is wait time approximately 6 months from transfer date or per INS processing times (365-425 days for AOS from the time 485 filed)

No Title

Not an issue. You\'ll go in and as long as you have all your paperwork, you\'ll get cleared in under 5 mins of talking to the officer - most probably 2 mins.

No Title

hvn - did you have an interview at newark? if so could you please post details.
thanks.

No Title

Hi there Q104. I have seen your messsages on this board several times on the the transfer. In my case, mine is approved and spouses transfered to Newark in Sept. Do you have any idea how long this takes. Please respond. Thanks in advance.

No Title

hi kvr
so you are another person in the same boat. why don\'t you we talk on phone or correspond by email. i am sending you a private mail. check it. i am still waiting for the interview. was informed by the senator\'s office that they would schedule an interview in february. but a lot of persons with transfer date in august got interview call in january.

No Title

For your information my case was transferred to Newark on Oct 17. And yesterday I got(including my wife) an interview letter for Feb 1st.

No Title

With or without a lawyer????

Seems a number of us have been notified of interviews on Feb 1

Are people bringing legal representation?
I\'ve been doing everything myself for the past 2 yrs as my lawyer was on the West Coast and I\'m now on the East.