VSC processing predictions ?

Raju Krishnan

Registered Users (C)
Looks like EB2 will become current soon.
Its already at PD 11/2000 for India and 9/2000 for China
So the Aug - Sep - Oct peak cannot be India cases for EB2
Most of them should be done by now (the unapproved cases in myladoors chart
are probably mostly folks who didn\'t update their info - myladoor - do you have any guesses on the percentages of never updated cases ??)

As the PD advances by 4 months each months from now more of these EB3 cases
will get picked up - hopefully they will be exhausted by end of May. PD will be early 99 by then for EB3 and there wouldn\'t have been too many EB3 cases started in 1999 which filed 485 by Oct ! Also Nov/Dec cases should also be processed during this period as the Aug/Sep/Oct Cases are the "leftovers" due to non - current PD only.

So in June they should start working full speed on 2000 Jan to March cases.
By myladoors charts these should be covered by July 2000.

April 2000 cases on should be approved starting in Aug 2001

Any opinions are welcome

No Title

I don\'t mean to be mean here...but, I think it\'s just wishful thinking to think that VSC would get to Jan 2000 cases by June 2001...I have been an optimist for too long as far as VSC is concerned...but, not anymore...

In June, they still would be \'processing\' August, September, October 1999 cases...by issuing one RFE after another...and saying that they are too back-logged to send out even RFE\'s...And with PD\'s advancing, they have to re-visit the files received in August, September, October 1999, and would have to issue some more RFE\'s...

The way things are, folks whose files are transferred to either Baltimore or Newark ought to consider themselves really fortunate!
Newark is taking about 2-4 weeks to send out interview notices...Baltimore about 3 months...which is still a lot better
compared to the horrendously slow processing of VSC.

No Title

Srini,
On the contrary, the IIOs, with whom I talked at different intervals, have indicated the Jan00 and Feb00 could begin adjudicating by June/July due to recent internal changes in INS. So it may not be that bad but I do agree with you that if you go by the past INS performance, it seems as scary as you have pictured. However, I remain optimistic and hopefully one day (soon, wishfully thinking) I shall wake up to a relaxed morning.

Bhanu

No Title

fingerprinting question.

Rcpt date for 485 is 10/2000. Have receiveed EADs for both my self and wife.(March and Feb respectively).when should I receive fingerprinting notice ? I called VSC and the lady gave me a very wierd answer "We do not fingerprint people from India until they reach almost the end of the processing, because their processing takes a long time due to visa numbers and so we want to make sure we have to do it only once" . How true is this ? Any experiences ? Anyone with similar experiences ? My category is EB2

- leo

No Title

Most people after April 2000 have had their FPs done.
For deciding which case to approve, VSC ignores PD once they have "accepted" the 485. They go by ND only. So for your 10/2000 485,
you\'ll probably get FP some time later this year and then approval early next year as per current processing times.

Good Luck and Happy Waiting