VSC Physical Card Tracker

Mine (primary)
I-485 AP 10/20/2004
I-551 stamping 11/05/04 (Newark NJ)
No Physical card yet!!
My online status doesn't even say my I485 approved :)

My online status:
==============
On October 20, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Spouse:
I-485 AP 10/25/2004
I-551 stamping 11/05/04 (Newark NJ)
Physical card received 12/22/04

Stamping done

Passport Stamping done on 3/11/05 at Washington District Office. The whole process took about 30 minutes and there were no surprises.

PP Stamping - 3/11/05
Waiting for physical card

To Exlorer19

You cannot track your case by A#. Use your I 485 receipt number to track your physical card. The status of your 485 receipt number will change to something like Card Ordered, Card mailed etc. Hope that helps

matt_s_r said:
The stamp in your passport is valid for 1 year.

The Green Card is valid for 10 years.

Does it mean that the green card can be renewed after it expires? How lengthy is that process? I understand that one may get Citizenship within those 10 years. But, I would still like to know. :)

LaborAches said:
You cannot track your case by A#. Use your I 485 receipt number to track your physical card. The status of your 485 receipt number will change to something like Card Ordered, Card mailed etc. Hope that helps

My I-485 has been approved. But, I haven't recieved the approval notice yet.
Would the approval notice contain the information on the next steps like passport stamping, etc? I am guessing that they may ask me to make an appointment with the local INS office for passport stamping. Is that right?

GCSeeker05 said:
My I-485 has been approved. But, I haven't recieved the approval notice yet.
Would the approval notice contain the information on the next steps like passport stamping, etc? I am guessing that they may ask me to make an appointment with the local INS office for passport stamping. Is that right?

Right. You can schedule infopass appointment with local INS office for ADIT processing (PP stamping) even before you receive approval notice.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Plastic GC received without passport stamping

Hi,

I just received plastic GC without passport stamping. Seems that this is a new strategy that CIS is following for some cases.

Here is my info:

EB2
PD: 05/2002
I140/I485 ND: 05/04/04
I140 AD: 12/16/04
FP: 03/10/05
I485 AD: 03/21/05
CO: 03/21
CM: 03/24
CR: 03/28

GC was automatically ordered same day I485 was approved.

Inwood.-

How long does it take to receive physical card ???

Hi:

I got ADIT processing done on Feb7th 2005 (I-485 approved Jan 24th2005). Two of My colleagues who have done ADIT with me, have got the plastic card in 5 weeks. I and my wife haven't got it yet. Can I call 1-800 # to ask them about the status on the plastic card?. Or I should I call them after 2 months ??.

I am going to india end of April. Please advice.

Thanks
opgc.

Chicago stamping, when can I expect the physical card

My RD is Nov 2002
AD is Mar 11, 2005
Stamping done at Chicago local office on Mar 28, 2005

When can I expect to get my physical card given my stamping was in Chicago. Thanks,

Additionally can someone post links for physical card tracker. thanks,

Time frame of PP stamp to Card ordered

By looking at boards on plastic card tracker after I-551 stamping on PP, here is my estimation:

PP stamp to 485(LUD/msg change CO) Min: 2-4 weeks. Max: 2 to 4 months.

CO to CR : 2 weeks unless address was changed or unanticipated issues.

Philadelphia District Office Stamping

Add myself to this tracker.

-----------------------

PP Stamp: March-28-2005

CO:??
CM:??
CR: ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

I did my passport stamping on 2nd Feb 2005 at Newark office, NJ

I still did not receive my plastic card. also there is no change of dates in my case.

Yesterday I called USCIS office and put in a inquiry into it.

Today my LUD changed on I-485 to 5 apr without message change.
Does that have anything to do with ordering of card or inquiry?

Please advice.

Note: How long is it taking for people who stamped their passports at newark ,NJ

Explorer19:

I am also in the same boat. I have stamped on Feb7th, no cards received yet. Couple of my colleagues have received their cards within 5 weeks.

I will call 1-800 # and ask them too.

thanks

LUD change

I am in similar boat. I got my passport stamped on Mar 18, 2005. My LUD changed today, but the message remained the same. Is this indication of anything?

Someone with experience please respond. Thanks,

PP Stamped 03/09/05 (San Jose, CA)
For Me:
CO 03/25/05
CM 03/29/05
CR 04/01/05

For Spouse:
CO 03/28/05
CM 03/30/05
CR 04/04/05

Called USCIS center regarding physical card

Passport stamped on Feb7th 2005 at Newark, NJ.

I called USCIS 1-800# today they transfered me to immigration officer, she said your passport is valid upto 1 year. It will take sometime, your card will come.
She didn't even put any enquiry on that.

Any ideas what should I do next ???.

Thanks
opgc

opgc said:
Passport stamped on Feb7th 2005 at Newark, NJ.

I called USCIS 1-800# today they transfered me to immigration officer, she said your passport is valid upto 1 year. It will take sometime, your card will come.
She didn't even put any enquiry on that.

Any ideas what should I do next ???.

Thanks
opgc

I guess, you can send a status enquiry thru local CIS office after 60 days passed. I guess, G-731 form can be sent, 'ginnu' answered in some other threads.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=168176
ginnu said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoonbhu
If case was transferred to local office and approval and stamping done at local office where does one inquire about the card if not received within 60-90 days??
------- Send G731 to your service center from where file was transfred to Local office. After Interview they send the white form with your fingerprint and signature to Service center and then service center send to Card production unit
If I'm correct form G 731 is not for local offices.
---- you are correct and every service center has diffrent G-731, download from USCIS site related to your service center

card ordered for spouse. No update on mine.

Today, I got emails for my wife's 485 case that Card has been mailed, but I did not get any status update emails so far on my 485(primay) case.

I see LUDs on EADs also.

Folks, would you Plz shed some light? what happening to my card order status, is there any issue with mine? :confused:

Here is my LUD/msgs after PP stamping in San Jose on 03/24.

mine LUD on 485 : 04/04, 04/05 no msg
Spouse 485:04/04, 04/05, 04/11(msg/email- Card orderd), 04/12, 04/13, 04/15(msg/email - Card mailed)

LUDs on EAD:
mine: 04/12, 04/13, 04/14 no msg
spouse: 04/12, 04/13, 04/14 no msg

Cards ordered

My 485 was approved on Mar 11, 2005. I received emails yesterday (Apr 14), informing me that my card has been ordered. Can anyone estimate time for delivery of the card?