VSC, NIW case approved

imman

Registered Users (C)
Heard approval yesterday
RD: 02/27/2002
ND: 03/08/2002
AD: 08/15/2002
EB2 (NIW)

Hope this helpful for all people (ND before March and still waiting). Good luck to you!

One question:
I plan to change my job soon. Does anyone know if this will affect my I485? I am in the catalog of NIW (national interest waiver). And do I need to appy for a new H1-B or just apply for EAD for the new empolyer, which one is better for me?
Appreciate your comments!
:)

Originally posted by imman
Heard approval yesterday
EB2 (NIW)

Hope this helpful for all people (ND before March and still waiting). Good luck to you!

One question:
I plan to change my job soon. Does anyone know if this will affect my I485? I am in the catalog of NIW (national interest waiver). And do I need to appy for a new H1-B or just apply for EAD for the new empolyer, which one is better for me?

Congratulations!!!

If you petitioned yourself and you will be working in the same area for which your petition is approved, then you should be OK for AOS (NOT legal advice).

If you are transfering your H1B to another employer, it'll probably be a lot faster than EAD (depending on where you live). I would apply for the EAD (and advanced parole) anyways. You don't switch to EAD status unless you actually use it.

Brian

Thanks Brian

Hi, brian:
Thank you for your comments! I petitioned myself for the I-140 (NIW). I'd like to transfer my H1B and apply for my EAD at the same time, because I may use the EAD to work for my previous employer (part-time) and use the new H1B for my new employer. But I am wondering it may affact my new H1B status. I appreciate if you could give me some suggestions!--imman

Re: Thanks Brian

Hi, brian:
Thank you for your comments! I petitioned myself for the I-140 (NIW). I'd like to transfer my H1B and apply for my EAD at the same time, because I may use the EAD to work for my previous employer (part-time) and use the new H1B for my new employer. But I am wondering it may affact my new H1B status. I appreciate if you could give me some suggestions!--imman

You can't hold two different statuses at once. Once you use your EAD for anything (even to flip burgers), your status becomes *adjustee* and your H1B is no longer valid. The good news is that you just have to tell your new employer that your status has changed and fill out a new I-9. The (not so) bad news is that you will need advanced parole to leave the country.

Brian

Still Waiting

Sigh.
I have almost the same ND, RD in the same catalog.
Maybe I should call INS and my lawyer.

Congratulations!

Hi imman:
could you please post your qualifications etc.
Also, how did you tackle the problem caused by NYDOT NIW case, which requires us to justify to the INS that requiring a labor certification process would hurt the national interest.
THanks for your help!
-krsn1 :)

Heard approval yesterday
EB2 (NIW)

One question:

hello krsn ..

is your name paresh..just wondering that if you have already applied . you have been on the forum for a long time now. Did you get a RFE because your question is typically of the RFE

Re: hello krsn ..

Hi ad28:
Thanks for your reply...Yes my name is paresh...I have been collecting references from different scientists and the going has been very slow. Also I have been trying to put together a water-tight case since my H1B is entering its sixth year!...My question to imman was of benefit for everyone, but I do want to make sure that I avoid this potential problem.
Thanks,
-Paresh
Originally posted by ag28
is your name paresh..just wondering that if you have already applied . you have been on the forum for a long time now. Did you get a RFE because your question is typically of the RFE

Hi, krsn1:

Some qualifications about my NIW case:

PhD degree
Over 30 research papers
3 patents
About 10 meeting papers
Invitated by two meetings
Invitated by several journals for paper review
6 reference letters
Have the experience of working for US Army lab
Research projects can benefit national defence, security, as well as medical area.

--Imman

________
Re: Hi imman:
could you please post your qualifications etc.
Also, how did you tackle the problem caused by NYDOT NIW case, which requires us to justify to the INS that requiring a labor certification process would hurt the national interest.
THanks for your help!
-krsn1