VSC jumps to Aug 26 '02, CSC races to Jan 03

joyd said:
I think they are moving the dates to counter any arguments by Rajiv during the court case to show they are processing everything quickly and the backlog is short etc...who knows... :confused:

VERY MUCH POSSIBLE. That could be the most likely motive. Another possibility is their system that deals with this processing date, is broken. They might have changed the code that calculates the current processing date and there might be big bugs in that program. Otherwise, the EAD and AP processing dates are ridiculous (they say Aug'15/2004 for both these applications). They don't process any applicaton in 3 days.

peeved said:
The impact of processing dates on initiation of inquiries and contacting congressmen/ombudsman etc. has already been addressed in other posts in this thread.

As for delay in security checks, if they have approved one's H-1B extension or EAD and/or AP etc. then it can be easily argued that security checks is not an issue. USCIS has openly gone on record to say that security checks are performed before the adjudication of any immigrations related benefit. If one is not a security threat for the adjudication of H-1B/EAD/AP, chances are one is not a threat for adjudication of I485 either and security checks should be a routine matter. I am not sure why I haven't seen this line of reasoning in most of the arguments presented in these forums. But I guess there may be some merit to it. (Especially since it's coming from me :D Just kidding!)
Dates don't mean jack but they are not insignificant. In my mind, it draws the line in ths sand between when you should be passive-reactive (which most immigrants tend to be) and proactive-active. Yes there will be 2001 cases pending even when USCIS says it is processing 2021 cases - just that 2001 folks should now be corresponding with Senators on a first name basis.

As for folks prior to August 26 2002, it gives them a legal standing to initiate inquiries about the various pieces of the puzzle be it RFE, name check, this check, that check. So everybody go for it - I know I am looking forward to my Sep 23 2002 date eagerly

Having said this, of course, good luck to us all :)

Joyd ... I believe you are right on!

I believe USCIS is playing a dirty game with the dates now. This date change started suddenly after Rajiv's lawsuit picked up momentum. Now CSC is doing Jan 03 cases ... and VSC doing Aug 02, while it is alleged that many 02 filers are still stuck there. Also NSC and TSC are breaking down their 485 cases in catergories now - which, coincidentally, was a big discussion in the Aug 06 deposition of the case. I believe Rajiv is watching these too.

MY Notice date for my Wife's EAD renewal date was July 14th 2004 , and the application was approved on Aug 08th 2004. Unbelievable, but its happening.

Perico said:
the service centers are doing a lot of I-485 transfers to the local offices, that may be the reason as to why, they seem to be working faster, once they transfer the applications, they count it as " resolved " little do they know they are in fact making it more difficult, since local offices have very limited staff and also process the family based aplications and Interim EAD and Emergency advance parole :(

Can someone validate this? :confused: :confused:

VSC has lost its honesty

GC_Very_Soon said:
These dates are truely unbelievable. Check the dates for EAD applications (I-765). The date is Aug 15th - that means they have only a 4-5 day delay in processing of these applications.

Hope these are true and we see a deluge of approvals - so far not seen!

If you believe in these dates, you must have lost your mind.
I wanted to believe these dates too but it seems VSC has lost the tiny bit of honesty they had - at least provide us accurate dates if there is a huge backlog. In stead, they choose to play game with dates to make themselves look good and shrug off criticism. What a proactive way to handle the backlog!!!

I filed my EAD renewal two months ago and they have not touched it at all, nothing so far, yet they claim they are processing RD with Aug 15.

I believe USCIS is avoiding RFI'S and interviews in most cases.
Other reason is coming elections.
We'll see alot of approvals before elections.

6th-year said:
I believe USCIS is avoiding RFI'S and interviews in most cases.
Other reason is coming elections.
We'll see alot of approvals before elections.

What do you mean by "USCIS is avoiding RFIs and interviews" ? Do you mean they are avoiding it by transferring them to local offices or avoiding them by approving cases ?

As far as approching elections, I do not see any connection between employment based GCs and ability to vote. But, whatever be the reason, if approval dates are REALLY changing (that's what we are debating), I guess it benefits the majority.

"What do you mean by "USCIS is avoiding RFIs and interviews" ? Do you mean they are avoiding it by transferring them to local offices or avoiding them by approving cases ?"

avoiding them by approving cases.

jan.2003 case.

dsatish said:
THE ADVANCING OF THE DATES MAKES A LOT OF DIFFERENCE. They at least entertain your expedite requests and they no longer tell your congress man that they are processig Jan'2002 cases and all others have to wait for their turn. Believe me, it may not work out for every one who approaches the ombudsman or congress man or who all sends expedite fax request, but i truely believe that these efforts pay well for a majority of the people. I am truely sympathetic towards the left out long standing cases and i sincerely believe that those people will put all their efforts to put pressure on INS and INS does something to them. Every man will have his day. Things are really speeding off now. A lot of people who have lost hope are getting their day. Let's stay optimistic.

Just FYI. I initiated inquiry the next day my application date got 30 days past processing date. Just got a letter "Our systems show that your application is still under consideration. We can give you no definite indication when your application will be completed. We apologize for the delay."

Ok, that apology is a huge progress (thet used to say that they are NOT sorry), but it looks like a template they send to everybody. A nice way to reduce the backlog is it?