VSC jumps to Aug 26 '02, CSC races to Jan 03

EAD2003

Registered Users (C)
There is no competition now.
CSC is head and shoulders above VSC.
Guess it is time to relocate.

Yep you are right.
I dont know whether the processing dates reflect the true nature of their working.
How it can be possible...

Anyway, I am excited and confused....

Thx
Kandy
485 Rd jan8,2003
485 nd jan31,2003.
Fp1: march14,2003
Fp2: Aug12,2004
2 eads and 2 aps

VSC Processing Times Update on August 18 2004

How come Processing Times get updated in very short intervals of time. I remember they moving to July 2002 on August 9th 2002. Within 9 days moved to August 26th 2002. Its highly impossible to move more than a month within such a short period of time.

I some how feel that its mistakenly Posted. If not they are not truely covering all the cases in between them. Also they might be considering issuing 2nd FP also as they worked on each case.

When i spoke to Vermont Customer Service Representative about the meaning of 485 processing date, she said "We might touched all the cases before or till that date".

I've never seen any clear definition of what the processing date is, so they might as well say they're processing cases from August 2004 or from September 1885. I remember the processing date staying on January 2002 for almost half a year and now it's moving one month in less than half a month.... That's all bull[self-censored]

Wow.....................

But these dates are just nothing, as we have seen folks waiting since 2001.

I don't think these dates mean anything at all!! In the last update H1 B extension of stay's date was Aug 28. In this update, it is Jun 01. Are they starting from Aug 28 and then moving to June? Processing backwards? Ridiculous...

Something is really wrong with these dates....the EAD and AP dates are aug 15th....our ND is 7/30.....no approval or LUD change yet in those applications..

Dates don't mean anything anymore !

These dates don't mean anything anymore to people like us but I do beleive that these dates have been changed in order to reflect the faster processing times that USCIS so falsely claims to do. This might be a direct result of the lawsuit. Since the dates have dramatically changed, isn't it time for us to collect data on how many people are still waiting before these dates? I am sure USCIS will come back and say that the remaining folks are delayed because of secutiry checks, false information blah blah blah, but we can collect some info to present the inconsistency and misrepresentation of information on the part of USCIS.

Sharpie
----------------------
485-RD 10/17/2002, ND 11/10/2002
3rdEAD - RD 6/10/2002, AD 8/18/2002
3rdAP also approved...don't remember date.

But its positive move...I like it!!

Hi guys,
But atleast they are moving. Don't you remember what happened and how much time it took to move from Dec '01 to Jan 15, 02 and the total halt after that!! USCIS is atleast looking at our cases now and also approving many..It give us hope. Pls. give them credit for that.
-RD, ND: Oct '02

sharpieterk said:
These dates don't mean anything anymore to people like us but I do beleive that these dates have been changed in order to reflect the faster processing times that USCIS so falsely claims to do. This might be a direct result of the lawsuit. Since the dates have dramatically changed, isn't it time for us to collect data on how many people are still waiting before these dates? I am sure USCIS will come back and say that the remaining folks are delayed because of secutiry checks, false information blah blah blah, but we can collect some info to present the inconsistency and misrepresentation of information on the part of USCIS.

Sharpie
----------------------
485-RD 10/17/2002, ND 11/10/2002
3rdEAD - RD 6/10/2002, AD 8/18/2002
3rdAP also approved...don't remember date.

if your ND is before the VSC website date, at least you can follow up with senator/congressman and send faxes here and there. You feel that you can do something abt it

Be happy abt that atleast. Otherwise, you have to sit and do nothing

njguy007 said:
if your ND is before the VSC website date, at least you can follow up with senator/congressman and send faxes here and there. You feel that you can do something abt it

Be happy abt that atleast. Otherwise, you have to sit and do nothing

I am not saying that I am not happy for folks who have been approved. I am only trying out to point out the inconsistency in the representation of data.

Settling with the idea that we are 2 steps closer to the end is good but it'll be better if the path is well defined so that everyone knows how many steps remain to be taken till the end of the journey.

THE ADVANCING OF THE DATES MAKES A LOT OF DIFFERENCE. They at least entertain your expedite requests and they no longer tell your congress man that they are processig Jan'2002 cases and all others have to wait for their turn. Believe me, it may not work out for every one who approaches the ombudsman or congress man or who all sends expedite fax request, but i truely believe that these efforts pay well for a majority of the people. I am truely sympathetic towards the left out long standing cases and i sincerely believe that those people will put all their efforts to put pressure on INS and INS does something to them. Every man will have his day. Things are really speeding off now. A lot of people who have lost hope are getting their day. Let's stay optimistic.

Is this an eye-wash

These dates are truely unbelievable. Check the dates for EAD applications (I-765). The date is Aug 15th - that means they have only a 4-5 day delay in processing of these applications.

Hope these are true and we see a deluge of approvals - so far not seen!

dsatish said:
THE ADVANCING OF THE DATES MAKES A LOT OF DIFFERENCE. They at least entertain your expedite requests and they no longer tell your congress man that they are processig Jan'2002 cases and all others have to wait for their turn. Believe me, it may not work out for every one who approaches the ombudsman or congress man or who all sends expedite fax request, but i truely believe that these efforts pay well for a majority of the people. I am truely sympathetic towards the left out long standing cases and i sincerely believe that those people will put all their efforts to put pressure on INS and INS does something to them. Every man will have his day. Things are really speeding off now. A lot of people who have lost hope are getting their day. Let's stay optimistic.

Can I use these dates to sue BCIS (if my case is lagging behind the posted dates)?

Reasons for suing could be loss of revenue(in case of late issuance of EAD), loss of career opportunities, mental trauma, agony, uncertainty etc.

the service centers are doing a lot of I-485 transfers to the local offices, that may be the reason as to why, they seem to be working faster, once they transfer the applications, they count it as " resolved " little do they know they are in fact making it more difficult, since local offices have very limited staff and also process the family based aplications and Interim EAD and Emergency advance parole :(

Validation

Perico said:
the service centers are doing a lot of I-485 transfers to the local offices, that may be the reason as to why, they seem to be working faster, once they transfer the applications, they count it as " resolved " little do they know they are in fact making it more difficult, since local offices have very limited staff and also process the family based aplications and Interim EAD and Emergency advance parole :(
Can someone validate this assumption that transferring the case to local office is deemed "resolved"?

> Can I use these dates to sue BCIS (if my case is lagging
> behind the posted dates)?

Your right to a GC is based on the respective portions of the CFR. The attorney general has essentially deputized the responsibility for processing the paperwork to DHS. How and when they give you the piece of plastic is essentially in their discretion. Unless you can make a point that you were discriminated against on a racial basis, I don't think you can make a case against them for just dragging their feet.

sharpieterk said:

Sharpie
----------------------
The impact of processing dates on initiation of inquiries and contacting congressmen/ombudsman etc. has already been addressed in other posts in this thread.

As for delay in security checks, if they have approved one's H-1B extension or EAD and/or AP etc. then it can be easily argued that security checks is not an issue. USCIS has openly gone on record to say that security checks are performed before the adjudication of any immigrations related benefit. If one is not a security threat for the adjudication of H-1B/EAD/AP, chances are one is not a threat for adjudication of I485 either and security checks should be a routine matter. I am not sure why I haven't seen this line of reasoning in most of the arguments presented in these forums. But I guess there may be some merit to it. (Especially since it's coming from me :D Just kidding!)

I think they are moving the dates to counter any arguments by Rajiv during the court case to show they are processing everything quickly and the backlog is short etc...who knows... :confused: