VSC does not issue RFE\'s till PD is current (IIO).

Helpless485

Registered Users (C)
PD 98/RD 1/00/ EB3 Spoke to an IIO today. I had called for the first time four weeks ago. Four weeks ago I was told that my lawyer will recieve a RFE in two weeks. Nothing happened for four weeks so I called the IIO today and got another story.. she said that my case was picked up for processing and it was concluded that an RFE would be issued however the RFE issuance is pending for visa availability. I asked again if the approval is pending for visa availablity or if the RFE is held up for visa availability. She said both, and that VSC will not issue an RFE on a case unless the PD is current.

Is this true? I remember seeing messages of people on this board who recieved RFE\'s even before their PD was current. To add to the confusion, the automated message has changed to "case was not found".

No Title

I got RFE on 24th April 2001 and replied by lawyer on 9th May 2001. INS received the RFE reply on 16th May 2001 and AVM confirms the reply. I am in EB3 category and my PD is 3rd March 1999, which is not clearly current now (JAN 99 is current for EB3)

Regards

No Title

thats\'s not true. Its infact good to get an RFE even before you date becomes current. In most of the cases i\'ve seen. they process the RFE and put the application back to the hold shelft. Once the date become current. they approve it right away. Most of the time you can see a approval within a weeks time of your PD becoming current.

good luck

No Title

I have seen numerous instances of people getting RFE even when their PD is not current.

It seems that it is useless to talk to an IIO. They are a very mis-informed group of people who contradict themselves.

No Title

Hi
  My PD is jan 99 / EB3 Still not got RFE/Approval since PD is not current ( even as of June since June has till 1st Jan 99 ).

Kannan Ramanathan

No Title

Hey guys,

I\'m a bit confused. I thought you can not file for I-485 until your PD is current but i read different things on this forum. My details are :
PD : Dec 99, LC - approved, I-140 - Approved.
I\'m waiting on my dates to become current so that i can file for 485, but if that is not the case, please advice. Your response is appreciated.

thanx
hope99

No Title

I am not current, but got RFE. RFE is not a must. RFE is only when there is some changes like address or company change. First you may not have any RFE at all. You should not worry about it. Regarding case not found, I do not have any clue.

No Title

I filed i-485 when they made everything current between august 99-March 2000 (if i remember correctly the period)

Regards