VSC, Case Status Online/ Gurus pls help

Greencard0001

Registered Users (C)
Gurus

Pls help me understand. I just checked my case status online and found it reading

"On July 14, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."

Questions :

1. What does this mean? Is it an RFE?
2. How long does it take by post to reach?
3. shall I inform my lawyer or wait till I recv the notice?
4. Anything that I can anticipate at this moment?

RD 12/31/01
ND 01/17/02
FP 03/06/02

Originally posted by Greencard0001
Gurus

Pls help me understand. I just checked my case status online and found it reading

"On July 14, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."

Questions :

1. What does this mean? Is it an RFE?
RFE
2. How long does it take by post to reach?
Depending when BCIS mail bulks, usually 7 - 10 days, could be longer, depending on snail mail system and your postman in your area.
3. shall I inform my lawyer or wait till I recv the notice?
It usually goes to your lawyer, i.e. if you file it through him/her. If you file 485 yourself, then you will receive it.
4. Anything that I can anticipate at this moment?
Usually EVL, i.e. employment verification letter or medical records or birth certs...

RD 12/31/01
ND 01/17/02
FP 03/06/02

it goes to your lawyer

but have the following ready - just in case :

• Employment Verification letter
  • Last few month's paystubs
  • last 2 year's paychecks
  • birth certificates
    [/list=a]

• [/list=a]

most of the time, it is a subset of the list above that they ask for.

good luck