VSC Calling To Confirm Status

junwalla

Registered Users (C)
We had called NSC is October and spoke to the CS who said he would send a letter to VSC about my wife's status and he said VSC would send a letter to us letting us know the status.

It was a wild shock for us when a VSC staffer personally called last evening at around 5.30 letting my wife know that her case was with them and its just because of the backup that she hasn't been approved otherwise they have all information that they need.

Is this some new kind of customer service initiative of USCIS becuase i had never heard of VSC calling applicants and letting them know their status.

My wife was taken aback too when the lady introduced herself from the VSC center as my wife was worried why are they calling her as even she had not heard of USCIS calling anyone.

Isn't this a bit weird????

Re: Your wife is ONE HECK OF A LUCKY GIRL

Originally posted by bbbishop
to hear from someone at VSC.

-Sreenivas

She would have been lucky if she would have got a call confirming her approval.

The lady has anyways left a number for my wife to call back if she had questions and my wife is going to call her today to ask her how long it will take for her case to get approved (EAC-02-062-51XXX Nov 11, 2001 ND).

VSC Phone No Please

Hey junwalla ,

Can you give us a Phone no please . even we can call them
It will be really useful If we get the VSC direct No.
please reply post at once

Re: VSC Phone No Please

Originally posted by waterboy_dec
Hey junwalla ,

Can you give us a Phone no please . even we can call them
It will be really useful If we get the VSC direct No.
please reply post at once

I highly recommend that you do not do this.
The lady from VSC might have done it as a courtesy to junwalla's wife.

We certainly don't want to abuse it by calling her directly to check the case status.

VSC Call

I called VSC for status enquiry...The IIO told me that Somebody from VSC will call me with the latest info with in 45 days .I asked IIO are you sure VSC will call me or send me a letter but she said I will recieve a call.....So I gave my office number. I didnot recieve any call but I got 2 FP notice.

Maybe after all the abuses they got over the National Customer Center this is their way of improving customer service.

A small step for us but a big step for them I guess considering the number of inquiries they would be receiving and the number of calls they need to do in return.

Hope they could do something about the approval proccess which unfortunately is still down int he dumps.

Hope this doesn't take the adjudicators away from what they should be doing in the first place APPROVING CASES. I wouldn't advise junwalla to give the number out to anyone or for anyone to call too much unless your case is truly stuck.

As it is INS doesn't require a reason to stop working, and calling incessently will be more than reason enough.

3 Times

I have called NSC. No phone call ever. Not even a 15 Paisa post card that gov't offices in India send. :mad:

Big deal about calling my wife. Last evening in the mail was a letter for her to go do her 3rd FP. Her second FP was on Aug 15, 2003, which is not 15 months by any long shot then how come they are asking her to do FP again beats me.