VSC AVM Message on I-140

kkimm

Registered Users (C)
It seems the processing time at VSC is taking longer these days - as I checked the guys that got approved I-140 within 60 days during Dec-01 to Mar-02.

My case was filed end of Feb-02, and the AVM is telling me it is taking 150-240 days.

Please those who filed either before or after me post their case waiting time here...

Thanks.

VSC AVM Message

Hi,

My I 140 was filed at the end of Feb 02 and I got the message on the AVM that the processing time would be 150-240 days. Many cases filed in Jan 02 have been approved in March 02.
Is this the processing time from now onwards......

I am also in the same situation.....

I140 filed on 11/02/01.. Not yet approved. No RFE... Still waiting for my I140 approval...

How does INS work???

Smadala67 - it\'s better to check with your lawyer since it\'s been 4 months...

I have been gathering all the approved I-140 cases from VSC these last two months -

just by look at the EAC#s - it seems INS is working on the latest cases with a EAC-02 - 090 -XXXXX to EAC-02-100-XXXXX. I noticed that the middle number 090 is the number of days from the 1st day of the FISCAL YEAR (somewhere end of October/2001) to the date they actually recived your application (RD). And 02 is the calendar year...

However, the way INS processes these cases is rather confusing - they have a case of -080- approved on March 20th, but they also have case of -105-, sent in 1 week later, but approved 3/14 - one week earlier???

Do they actually "prioritize" difference cases?

Another observation is EB2 takes longer than EB3, especially for those BS+5.

How does INS work???

Very good question kkimm. my case is -061- and I am still waiting. The IIO was very upset when my supervisor asked him as to how they process the apps? and how come we have an approval for an employee whose petition was filed in last week of Jan, and my case was still pending.

My guess is that the cases from Nov; Dec; which are still pending have been assigned to an officer who is reading line by line and probably approving/RFE only a handful of cases per day.

My supervisor was told that the file\'s been assigned to an office 2 weeks ago, and it takes 4 weeks for the case to be adjudicated from the date of assignment.

At this point I don\'t have any other option but to keep my mouth shut, and keep on cribbing. However if I don\'t seen an approval in 2 weeks, I will be getting in touch with Senator Allen and Senator Warner\'s office.

Good Luck!