VSC August'02 I-140 tracker

labor substitution

Hi,
My company has agreed to file my I-140 using a approvaed labor certification they had before.

Can I go for CP or should I use the new law and file 140/485 together. which one is better?

Thanks
Vivek

labor substituion reply

Unless you are in a situation where your H-1 is going to expire some time soon, I would not go for concurrent filfing of I-140/I-485 together as your labor is already a substitute.

And, CP is not ebing recommended on many immigration websites.

So take the normal route and you'll be fine.

Hey icemn24 => why would say that " And, CP is not ebing recommended on many immigration websites. " .

If one has all the papers, what is there to worry about?
:confused:

my details.
MD:08/21/02
RD: 08/22/02
ND: 08/23/02
EAC: 02-269-5XXXX
AD: ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys,

In I140 tracker what are the MD, RD, AD, ND..

I applied my I140 in Vermont center on

Recive Date: 07/05/02
Notice Date: 07/13/02

Thanks in advance.

Here are my details

Mailing Date: 07/01/02
Recive Date: 07/05/02
Notice Date: 07/13/02

Due to concurent filing facility I Filed my I485 and EAD in VCS
any body any idea when can I expect EAD.
My Visa is going to expire in 12/01/02 so can I stay in this country
or I need to file new H1 because my old employer is not willing to file new H1 for me.

Thanks in Advance.

My Details

Following are my I-140 EB2 details

Mailing Date: August 23, 2002
Received Date: August 27, 2002
Notice Date: ??
Approval Date: ??

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting news

It seems the HQ has instructed regional service centers that they need to complete 140 processing in 60 days. But on the other hand people who have filed in April dont have their approvals yet.

Hopefully things will improve pretty soon.

Good Luck y'all

Yeah there is no sign of increase in speed!

Hey Iceman,
I really doubt whether that 60day - rule has come into effect. I haven't seen any information on this any other website. My I-140 was filed about 90 days ago. Waiting eagerly for the approval.

What happened to my petition then?

According to my lawyer's assistant, they filed my petition in ealry June, 2002. But so far I did NOT receive any RD notice. What has gone wrong with my application?

Thanks,

XL

Hey guys:
Mine is EB2 Category. Does any of you know how much time it takes for 140 Approval in this category. My understanding is it should take lesser than it takes for EB3 Category. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanx

How can I know I am in which category like EB2 or EB3?
I filed for I140 and I485 in the last month.

Thanks.

You can get this information either through your lawyer or otherwise check your labor certificate, it is approved for the stated category.:)

I got the receipt notice for I40 from Vermont Service Center but for I485 I got it from Texas Service Center, I guess the reason was I changed my address from Boston to Atlanta.
will it be a problem? because Vermont center is faster than Texas.
any ideas please?

Thanks.