VSC 485 Processing Time...

mgkaps

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am a new member to this chat room.
Does anybody has any predictions about, when VSC will start processing February 2001 ND cases?

Thanks, in advance.

No Title

Hi All,
    I am a new member to this chat room.
    Does anybody has any predictions about, when VSC will start processing February 2001 ND cases?

Thanks, in advance.

No Title

No One knows? That\'s How INS works. But I saw postings and based on that, they are almost moving month to month. Currently they are processing July\'00 cases. so it should technically take another 7-8 months before they hit February\'01 cases, ie if they move with the same speed. However with all dates being current it is bound to slow down this process. My Lawyer says usually 6-7 months after FP is done.

I am myself waiting my RD is Jan\'01

No Title

Can any body advice me on a 485 issue??
I used to work for a company A and I moved to company B in November.
But company A is still processing my Green Card.
Recently my I-140 was approved from company A.
Can sombady advice me if I can still work for company B and apply I-485 form company A or should I be moving back to company A before appling I-485.

No Title

Hello GA99,

I was following the VSC processing time since last 2-3 months. Here\'s my observation.

On 04/06/2001 they were processing December 99 cases.
On 05/06/2001 they were processing April 2000 cases.
On 06/18/2001 they have reached upto July 2000 cases.
( I have picked up all these figures from immigration.com site only. ).

In short, they are moving 2-3 months in each month. So my guess is, if they maintain the same speed, they should reach to 2001 cases in another 2 months time.

Any opinion about this?

Thanks.

mgkaps.

No Title

You are right mgkaps but this has happened after a long drought of speedy 485 approvals and when 140 were on hold and EB3 dates were not current. Right now EB3 is current and I-140 has picked up some stream. I think that INS will get more involved in approving EAD,AP and all the EB3 that were filed before and whose dates have become current recently and also approving more I-140. However, since there is not a mad rush for new H1-B approval 485 processing may be bit faster than it most other times.
But all these are just simple predictions. God knows How INS works and when they pick up the cases. When I filed for my I-140 it was taking only 4-5 months for approval but mine took almost 10 months with one RE.
So really its anybody\'s guess what speed they will process these cases. Just keep your fingers crossed and follow the approvals.

No Title

Hi GA99,

I have a small confusion. I always had a belief that you can not apply for I-485 unless your PD is current. Is this right?

If yes, then all 485 cases will be driven by their ND and not by PD, is this right?

If yes, then whoever (EB3) have become current, their ND will be definitely later than you and me. In this scenario, do you think that their cases can be approved before us? If yes, what can be the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

Mgkaps.

No Title

Hello mgkaps,

That\'s true. You can\'t apply 485 unless your PD is current and that all cases are driven by your ND and not PD but INS had made all the dates current sometimes in 99 for couple of months. I don\'t remember the month and dates exactly but during that time lot of guys had filed their 485 and later their PD retrogressed. Those guys have now their ND prior to our ND and since dates have become current for them their cases are been resolved at the moment. You may also see a lot of EB-3 approvals now.
Other thing, Since there are many more number of people in EB-3 then EB-2 who have been waiting for their dates to become current they would file for 485,AP and EAD sometimes in July resulting in a huge mad rush of applications in INS. Since INS is already under staffed and EAD and AP are given priority over 485 we may observe some kind of temporary hold on 485 for sometime to come in July and August by the time they finish EAD and AP for new applicants.
But all this is my guess and based on How INS has worked so far. It has always happened that they speed up one process at the cost of other. Sometimes I-140 are on hold at the cost of 485 or H1\'s at the cost of 485 etc etc. That is why, I believe that 485 processing may slow down in the coming months before it can pick up the stream at a later stage when the backlog for EAD, AP and I-140 is over.
However, if INS proceeds with the current rate then we may all see our approval by Year end. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Let\'s hope for the best.

No Title

Hello All,

Does anybody has any idea about, Which Dates VSC is processing currently for I-485?
Thanks, in advance.

Mgkaps.

No Title

I think they are processing cases untill Aug 2000 ( from the chat messages that I have seen ), but officially it is still July 2000 though. Please correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

Hi all,

My PD is 01/11/1999, ND 01/23/2000, EB3(RIR), INDIA. No approval yet. Any idea about my case??