Hi,

Region - SC
    EB2 NEW, ID - 7/97
    ND - 4/07/99
    ID - 5/12/99
    FL - 4/00
    No RE
Country - India

I heard on the automated message that my case was approved on 8/17/00. My wife\'s I-485 message has not changed yet. Any thought on that?

I thought of sharing my experience in the US. Please do not read this message if you think it is unsolicited.

It has been a long journey since my arrival to the US in August 1991. There have been many ups and downs. I completed my MS from Charlotte in 94 and moved with a job to New York City. Life was exciting in the beginning but my Green Card process was taking too long. I had applied for my labor in December 95 and had to go through few FRI\'s from the INS. It was not until 1998 that the Labor Department approved my Ad for posting.

Over the years my manager had also changed and he tried to use me to the company\'s advantage. It was very frustrating. I think that most of us go through this kind of situation, which is very unpleasant. I had in the meantime applied for a self petitioned NEW case in September 97. I completed a part time MA also from CUNY. I got married in New Delhi in January 98 and brought my wife with me to New Jersey.

We moved to Chicago in August 99, since my wife was admitted to the one year MA program at Kellogg. We kept our old address. We had our fingerprints done at Chicago. They were update via a national tracking system! So they was no problem, even though the helpful staff at the INS center was concerned for us.

Here I am after so many years, as a free bird. I am trying to think of my next steps - new job or go on my own! This forum is an excellent source for tapping talented people with similar interests. I welcome any thoughts on this idea and wish you all well.

No Title

Hi
Your journey through this process was an unpleasant one.
it has really taken a toll on you guys.
you deserved this break.
Congratulations.
In the tracker.. you are listed under my name... so may be ours would be approved soon.
Have fun with this newly found freedom.
Samyukta

No Title

Hi all,
            I see a word called Tracker in this message board. Especially Samyuktha saying that her name was found in the tracker next to some approved person\'s name. Where do I find this tracker? can U give info on this?

No Title

Hi
u can find the tracker in any of crazy boy\'s postings.
the latest on would be sometime near august 15th..
u can easily find the tracker.. it\'s not that difficult..
plus.. one of the short cuts would be...
go to any of crazy boy\'s posting.. click on the name.. it shows u the latest activity/posts by him.. click on the tracker post.. and u directly go to the tracker. i hope i am clear .