volunteer moderator

dengdeng

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I noticed today my status become "eligible to be volunteer moderator" rather than "senior member". What is that!

Originally posted by dengdeng
what a milestone! :D How come I only posted 1000 messages. I though I posted way more.

They archived sometime back. That reset the number of posts.

so they retire u after some time

Once u reach PatienceGC's number you'll retire dengdeng. Hope that is after your GC

Originally posted by dengdeng
Hi guys, I noticed today my status become "eligible to be volunteer moderator" rather than "senior member". What is that!

That means you would be approved soon

Hi dengdeng,

It means you have been promoted :)

On a serious note - Congratulations and keep up the good work of giving a valuable feedback and guidance to this forum!

Thanks.

Correct

I had set it up so that people who wish to volunteer could automatically do so after 1000 posts.

As far as nosense posts are concerned, the emphasis is on "eligible." We would have to assess whether our worthy colleague is serious about lending people a hand or not. Till they actually volunteer AND that determination is made, they remain just eiligible. No more.

Thanks for letting me know about this thread ar888.

Warm regards to all. Rajiv.

PS You can NEVER retire. We are like the Mafia. :p

But still got a feeling as if promoted from senior engineer to principle, or senior analyst to strategist, or manager to VP, good feelings.....:)

Hi EAD2003,

Even if I were eligible , I do not think I will be one as I generally believe people unless proven otherwise.

Thanks

Hi sai-2367,

I totally concur with you.

I think dengdeng and patienceGC are big assets to the forum.

Its amazing that they have such an indepth knowledge on vast variety of topics and enthusiasm to help the junior people on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bold_Trueth,

You are correct. I just put some names which came to my mind at the time of posting.

Infact RealCanadian, dsatish have responded to many of my postings.

Also I think every member counts. In retrospect, I am afraid if this kind of posting may create a perception that some users are being recognized as against others.

Some may have more to contribute some may have less.

But at the end of the day every posting counts.

A Nation is as Good as its Citizens. A forum is as good as its members.

Hi operations,

I suggest if you can look into the possibility of recognizing valuable members with some kind of awards.

- The award may be either selected by moderators, Alumini/ Retired members

- OR may be through a poll on this forum.

This type of awards will motivate people in posting most valuable postings and increases positive competition .

Just a thought

Thanks