Voluntary departure during removal proceedings

forex_dealer

Registered Users (C)
Hello forum,
a friend of mine was in removal proceedings since 2008. He was given master hearing court date but had to leave the country before the court date. He asked me if I could help him with his case after he left the country and sent me proof that he voluntarily left the country.
I had gone to Immigration offices and was told that his removal was ordered because he didn't show up at court. So question, what can be done at this point? I know that he is going to get a ban but we don't want it to be lifetime ban. Is there any chance to re-open the case and prove them that he left the country before the court date?
thanks in advance.

Big mistake he left the country without getting voluntary departure approved first, his case is considered abandoned now and all Bars are in full force and in effect at this time.

well that sucks,there is no way to re-open the case? He did leave before the court date and there is proof. There are also extenuating circumstances. I know I need to consult an attorney, I just wanted to get some feedback as people here have direct experience.

It is a violation of United States Immigration law to departure the Country while your case is still pending. Anyway, it appears that he self-deported himself. He's done...