vistor visa extension - No information from USCIS - URGENT

vidyavathi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We have applied for my mother's vistors visa extension in Dec 1st week. The date on her I-94 is Feb2nd 2006. Till now we have not heard anything from USCIS. what are our options ? She is here in US on a 10Yr Multiple entry and this is her 4th visit. And this is the first time we have applied for extension. we have not received even the tracking number. what to do? what are our options? Can she stay till she hears from USCIS or should she leave by Feb2nd.
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Vidya

If you don't have the extension approved she must leave on Feb2nd.
Have you call the 800 number? did you send the extension with a USPS returning service?

Good luck,

Hi,

Yes we sent through USPS next day delivery and we do have a receipt. When we called up the 800 number, they said to get a receipt it takes atleast 4 weeks. The current date of processing is showing Nov 18th 2005.
We had to send even the original I 94. Currently we just have a xerox copy.
How can she leave with out original I-94 ?
Can she stay in the country while her case is pending at USCIS ?
Please advice.

Thanks
Vidya

Is your payment cleared ?

How did you make your payment ?. If u wrote a check, check with your bank to see if it is cleared. If it was some other method, check with that source to see if the payment is cleared. If the payment u made is still not cleared, I strongly advice u to re-apply on-line.

It sounds to me like the reply from from USCIS must be lost in the mail. Perhaps the address you gave is incorrect. There was no need to submit the original I-94, but since u have already done so, your mother should still be able to leave without the original. U can explain it to the airlines & they will not hold her just for not having I-94.

Your mother can stay in the country while her case is pending but she should not stay if you do not have the Receipt Notice from USCIS.

Have u tried calling USCIS at 800-375-5283. It may take a long time to get through.

Thanks for your response.
Called up BCIS office and spoke to the representative.
During filing for extension, we provided permanent address of own house in Champaign, IL but mailing address as St Louis we we are currently living. He told me that they sent both the receipt number and approval letter to permanent address. We specifically gave the current St Louis address as mailing address but the letters were sent there. Seems the letters were returned back undelivered and the status for the receipt number now says
"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on January 23, 2006."
We asked them to redeliver it and also informed in the post office about the letter and asked them to Forward it to St Louis.
Over the phone the person did say receipt letter and approval letter were both mailed to this address.
So I think she does have a approval now. It is just that we do not have the letter in our hands yet.
Now we are waiting for the letter to redelivered.

Thanks
Vidya

Congratulations!!

what was the reason you stated for the extension? my mom's case look's similar, I have filed last week, waiting for the response.